I LOVE Royal Caribbean but...

TEXASMUNK

Hi:

Twenty years ago we took our first cruise and now we're ready to take our 36th in 3 weeks on RCL Adventure of the Seas. We are Diamond Members with RCL, having taken approximately 14 or 15; 6 with Princess, 6 with NCL; 7 with Carnival; one with Disney and one with the Constitution, a ship no longer around that had an Hawaiian itinerary. After our Adventure of the Seas cruise in March; we are going on the Radiance again to Hawaii in September (we were also on the Radiance last September to Hawaii); and after that, we'll be looking forward to the Freedom of the Seas for New Years Eve. As you can see, we tried other cruise lines to see if we were missing anything, and we discovered that there was always something that needed to be improved. When we cruise with RCL, we rarely find anything to complain about. I know this is suppose to be an all postive post, but the only time I did have a complaint with RCL, was last year on the Radiance where our room smelled like cigarettes so bad, we couldn't stand to be in the room (we had a balcony cabin). We didn't ask to be upgraded just to change to a different cabin and they refused. That's the only negative I can think of. As you can see we're going on three RCL cruises this year. Overall, we find they have the best of everything that we're looking for....

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10

As you can see, I'm fairly new and only have 2 sailings. Both have been with RC and I love it:D !

My Reasons:

1. Great Staff in all departments. Room Attendents, Dining, Activities, Deck Hands, etc.

2. Wide variety of activities for all.

3. C&A perks/coupons:cool: .

4. Cleanliness and overall up keep of each ship.

5. The affordability of cruising with RC is outstanding. Especially in the off season months!

6. Great itineraries and ports of call.

The reasons are endless as far as I am concerned. On my last cruise, I made up little thank you notes for all of our personal staff, and also gave my extras to staff as we departed the ship. Basically letting them know that we appreciated their impeccable service and the cleanliness of the ship. Also, let them know that this is why they are at the top of our list for sailings we choose!

To the OP, thanks for starting a positive thread! It is certainly appreciated by me! Andros/Tony;)

I love this thread! Keeping it positive is all right with me. I love RCCL b/c it was our first cruise line we used and were we impressed. From the size of the ships to the options of cruise itineraries and activities on board. Service is always excellent. Can't wait until our 3/26 AOS sailing.

We have taken a total of thirteen cruises-ten on RCCL. Every time we venture to another cruise line, DH and I look at each other, after the cruise is over, and say "Why did we do that?" We find ourselves comparing the other cruise line experience to RCCL and RCCL always comes out on top. The service is suberb, the crew knows our names, the ships, especially the Radiance class, are beautifully designed and decorated, and the perks of being a Diamond C & A member are excellent.

I think that with RCL, you either get smitten right away (as we were), or you start making unfavourable comparisons. For example, the food on Princess is a tad more varied, but we don't cruise to eat. We cruise to have fun and no other line offers as much as RCL. Thankfully everyone has their preference and I'm actually quite glad to read negative reviews about how bad the food is...we'll never cruise RCl again..etc...etc. All the more room for those of us who love the ships and their atmospheres. PLEASE don't discourage the moaners, they free up space for us and prevent RCL from getting complacent.

Alan

We started cruising a few years back with RCCL for our 25th anniversary and they made it memorable, well they got us hooked. First they make you a Gold member and tease you with Platnum benefits then Diamond and Diamond plus, we are working on Diamond plus and will achieve that next year. I think the only other cruise line we will try will be Celerbity, and make use of our C&A status in the Captians club. All the RCCL ships and crew are fantastic! that's what keeps bringing us back:)

WIsh I could clearly define it. Just back from the Grand Princess. It was a truly beautiful ship, wonderful crew, enjoyable week but it lacked something. Just could not, by the end of the week, definitively say, "Boy, Princess really knows how to .........."

Absolutely nothing wrong, just kinda like vanilla ice cream without the chocolate syrup. Good but nothing to make you want more.

We get of the Rhapsody and the trip home is when do we go again.

We're Diamond...and it's really hard to sail on another line when your'e Diamond on one line...

My sister and I are going on Norwegian next month...first time ...no perks..nothing. We just wanted to see what the freestyle is all about...

I have a feeling we'll be back at RCL..

On Adventure of the Seas, DH and I accidentally locked ourselves out of our stateroom and we were in our pj's. It was the last night when you put your luggage out, and we both stepped out with luggage and the door closed behind us. My attire could hardly be called pj's... I was a bit scantily clad if you know what I mean. :eek: And what were we supposed to do, go wandering around dressed like that looking for help? So we just stood there... not knowing what to do. A service person happened to wander by, saw DH in his boxers and me in my wee little outfit that no one but DH should be seeing me in, and immediately asked if we were locked out. Upon hearing an embarassed "yes" he ran (no, sprinted) down the hall. A few minutes later he came running back with our wonderful stateroom attendant in tow, herself in her normal clothes, running with him to let us in with her key before anyone else saw us. Because she wasn't in her uniform I'm more than certain he tracked her down in the staff quarters to let us into our room.

I know its just one story and it's not the only reason, but we've only been on two cruises and both were so wonderful, both with RCL, that I simply won't risk going to another line unless I have reason to. So far I don't.

Archived