I LOVE Royal Caribbean but...

TEXASMUNK

I am stealing this idea from a Celebrity thread.

Ever notice how much complaining seems to be prevelant these days?

OK, so no complaints....Why do you like RCI?

Us...

We love the crew on the Rhapsody.

We love the perfect mix of activities.

We love the size of the Rhapsody.

I fell in love with RCI in 1990 on the Song of America. Although I've cruised on many different lines, I always feel like it's a homecoming on a RCI ship. My favorite is the Radiance Class. I like the perks for repeat passengers and special discounts. They do a great job on the embarkment process and it's quick and fast. The staff onboard seems to really want their passengers to have a great time. Its the experience that keeps me coming back.

The "home coming" theme is accurate. RCL appreciates their past guests and shows it. The C&A program is proof of that. We will be Platinum on our next cruise and Diamond very soon after that. Booking on board gets you more benefits, as does the RCL VISA card. We also participate in the Shareholder deal. Needless to say, using all the above benefits, we can cut our cruise costs easily in half, or more.

And the service . . . our Brilliance cruise in January was Excellent! The food and service in the dining room was outstanding (thank you, Hanna). The dining room was so good that we cancelled a Chop's reservation. Our room attendant and his assistant were very good. Sorry, and feeling stupid, I can't recall their names (RCL, if you're listening . . . we were in 9576 on the Brilliance on the 1/2/06 cruise. Give those cabin attendants extra credit, please). And, the guy's at the pool bar were great server's. Igor, Pietra and their staff were wonderful. Also, Danny at the lobby bar and Danielle at the Sport's Bar went out of their way to serve you.

RCL, you have great people working for you. Keep them happy and they'll keep us happy.

Hoping the service is just as good on the Grandeur in November!

Rick and Deirdra

RC just suits me, too. It's the right blend of activity and leisure, upscale and downhome. I met someone today who has cruised twice, both times on Carnival. She was practically DROOLING by the time I finished telling her about our RC cruises and the perks of being Diamond.

We tried both Princess and Carnival before sailing with RCCL. It just seemed to be a better "fit" for us as well. We are mid-40's. And I also agree that their past passenger program is great. They make it cheaper and more attractive to cruise.:)

I've only sailed on two other cruise lines beside RCCL. The lessons I learned when I ventured away from RCCL were; unlike the other lines (Carnival and NCL), RCCL is an extremly well rounded and inexpensive cruise line, with something to offer everyone of all ages. The other lines always lack or cut corners with something. The faults I have had with RCCL can be counted in single digits. The other two lines......Well, I'll just leave that alone.

We like the interior "mall" on the Voyager class ship. We rotate our cruises among three cruise lines for variety and always enjoy the innovations instituted by Royal Caribbean. When we are in the mood to take a cruise for the experience of the ship we put RCCL at the top of our list.

We also like Labadee more than we like the private islands of the other lines.

we too feel Royal Caribbean appreciates its past guest, and that is one of the reasons we keep coming back, also the whole cruise experience is great, beautiful ships, great service, great food, and wonderful customer service, looking forward to soon being Diamond Plus!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work, Royal Caribbean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have done 3 cruises with RCI, with a fourth coming up in April. I have not cruised any other line and have no real reason to. RCI ships look like ships and are easily navigated inside them. While I'm guessing other lines' ships are just as easy to navigate, their appearance doesn't do much for me. Examples are the wings on the funnels ( a Carnival trademark) and the big Princess ships look like someone chopped off a bit of the stern...silly, I know but it is what it is...:)

Although we've sailed other lines and never had a bad cruise, RCL is our favorite to-date. We love the staff, service, ships, and C&A program. The Radiance class ships are our favorite because they are so open and airy. The C&A program is top of the line and can't be beat by the other cruise lines, IMHO.

I have taken 4 RCL cruises, currently have 3 booked, and am thinking about booking a 4th (today). My first cruise was on RCL because a Travel Agent suggested it would be the best fit for me and my best friend, and she was right! We love the fact that we can party and have fun as adults if we want, we can relax and be quiet if we want, or we can be as active as we want. There are so many choices on RCL ships, but there is no pressure to try everything.

We have also cruised on several different lines but keep coming back to RCCL. We love the beauty of the ships and the staff makes you feel like they are really there to cater to your every wish. Their C & A program is also a very big plus....the other lines we have sailed on did not seem to do anything extra for their repeat passengers but RC makes us feel very special from the moment we walk thru the terminal door til we leave the ship.

Keep up the good work RCCL and we will continue to come back cruise after cruise.

Two years ago my husband and I sailed on the Legend of the Seas from Encenada to Hawaii. It took 5 days to cross the ocean. We found the food on that ship to be terrible. In as much as we were at sea for all those days, we felt like captive victims of the ship's food. By the time we got to Hawaii, we couldn't wait to get to a decent restaurant. I'm now booked on the Serenade for a July sailing to Alaska and keeping my fingers crossed that the food on this ship will be better. Can anyone tell me?

We have cruised three times on RCCL and 3 on Celebrity. We will be on Mariner of the Seas 2/26/06 and can't wait.

We love both lines, but this will be our first cruise on the larger ships of RCCL (previous Soverign and Enchantment) and we are excited about seeing all the added features)

We have always been treated so wonderfully, we don't want to try anyone else!

Pam

I just posted an answer like this on another thread and it is our feelings on why we like to sail RCCL.

For my husband and I, we have done 21 cruises on many different cruise lines. We tried RCCL and we consider ourselves "comfortable and at home" on their ships. We find them to be classy, without being stuffy. We have done the last 7 cruises with RCCL and have 2 more booked for September.

After the B2B's we will be Diamond Crown and Anchor members.

I have only cruised once before on Explorer last May. I picked RCL because of the ship, not having known anybody who had cruised, I couldn't get any suggestions. I felt the Voyager class had alot to offer. This was for our 15th anniversary, and I wanted options. I got them, and more. I now have a 3 night booked for March, and am planning a family cruise for our 3 boys, for May 07. All on RCL. I just talked to a TA, that a friend recommended, and to me, he was trying to talk me out of RCL, but because I do alot of research, I was able to shoot down alot of his theory's. Plain and simple, I love RCL, for all it has to offer. Great ships, good food, good entertainment, great service. Can't wait to share these experiences with my boys next year, we are going to book Freedom, and have the Freedom to do what ever we choose!

PhoenixLady: We cruised the Serenade from Honolulu to Ensenada last October....we found the food very good. The dinning room was quite acceptable and the specialty restaurants were exceptional. The food in the Windjammer was decent for buffet style food. Having said that -- dining experiences are rather subjective. It kind of depends on your expectations.

Have a great trip to Alaska -- the Serenade is a great ship!

We, and all the above, have had outstanding experiences on RCL. And we keep coming back. Why is that? The RCL crew treats us as VIP's and gives us the best service available. Royal Caribbean Management, if you are listening, treat your people well . . . they take care of us and deserve all the credit. Thank you.

Rick and Deirdra

I am a diamond C&A member, I love RCCL because when my mom got sick and had to be airlifted from Mexico, RCCL had a customer representative for me in Mexico, and a customer service representative with my mom and husband in Florida. When our passports and birth certificates got stolen in Mexico, RCCL sent someone to track the person who stole them. The doctor on the ship stayed in touch with my mom's doctor for a year after my mom was airlifted off. That is what I call service. Have tried Carnival & NCL, was highly disappointed with the service and food, I am a RCCL lifer.

Archived