Connecting Rooms - Can't see Husband's Reservation on ncl site

CanadianKLM

We booked connecting rooms on an upcoming cruise - me and my daughter in one cabin, and my husband and son in the other. When I log into ncl.com I see my cruise but when I try to see my husband's (using the sail date and booking number) it tells me it can't find it. I'm wondering if it's because we have different last names, or if it will only find one cruise per date. I could get him to create a profile and then I would just manage it, but really it would be more convenient if I could do everything (reservations, check-in, etc) from my account.

Any insights? I can't be the only one who wants to manage more than one reservation per cruise.

We had the same issue so I created a new account for the second room. I have to log out of one to log into the other, I'm okay with that. I'm just a little concerned now that when we come to book excursions and dining etc, will they realise we are one party? 

4 minutes ago, Cruise-mom said:

We had the same issue so I created a new account for the second room. I have to log out of one to log into the other, I'm okay with that. I'm just a little concerned now that when we come to book excursions and dining etc, will they realise we are one party? 

When booking excursions, it won't matter if you're one party or not as long as you book the same excursion and time from both accounts.  I suppose there is a slight chance your purchase from the first room could "fill up the tour" and then the second room would not be able to purchase the matching excursion.  If that happens, then I would contact NCL for a refund and book a different excursion.  

For Dining reservations, use the room that has the most people in it.  Make the reservation but when it asks for the number of people, indicate your total party size.  Dining party size does not need to match the number of people in the cabin doing the booking.  If you have 5 people in your total party, make a reservation for 6 and change it 5 once you get on board.

8 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

When booking excursions, it won't matter if you're one party or not as long as you book the same excursion and time from both accounts.  I suppose there is a slight chance your purchase from the first room could "fill up the tour" and then the second room would not be able to purchase the matching excursion.  If that happens, then I would contact NCL for a refund and book a different excursion.  

For Dining reservations, use the room that has the most people in it.  Make the reservation but when it asks for the number of people, indicate your total party size.  Dining party size does not need to match the number of people in the cabin doing the booking.  If you have 5 people in your total party, make a reservation for 6 and change it 5 once you get on board.

Hi thanks for the info, that sounds good about dining reservations. Do NCL generally just have one bus per excursion? I was concerned about us being split. And in particular we are looking at an evening show/ballet tickets in St Petersburg where we would want to be sure we are seated together. I'm sure I can call closer to the time (sailing July '22) and they can try group us?  

12 minutes ago, Cruise-mom said:

Hi thanks for the info, that sounds good about dining reservations. Do NCL generally just have one bus per excursion? I was concerned about us being split. And in particular we are looking at an evening show/ballet tickets in St Petersburg where we would want to be sure we are seated together. I'm sure I can call closer to the time (sailing July '22) and they can try group us?  

The bus you go on isn't determined at time of purchase or at the time the tickets are printed and left in your cabins on embarkation day.   On the day of the excursion, everyone with a ticket for the "8:15 Excursion XXXX" goes to the designated meeting location -- usually the theatre or a restaurant.  Upon arrival at that location, you show your ticket and they give you a sticker to wear on your shirt.  That sticker has a number on it.  Make sure everyone in your party is there at the same time to get the same sticker number.   At 8:15, they will say "everyone on Excursion XXXX with sticker number 1 follow Sam.  He will take you to your bus."  So you should all be together on the same bus.  I don't think seat numbers for the ballet would be printed on the ticket.  I've never gone to a seating event like that.  But I suspect they would just let you all find seats in a reserved section.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

On 10/15/2021 at 7:05 AM, CanadianKLM said:

We booked connecting rooms on an upcoming cruise - me and my daughter in one cabin, and my husband and son in the other. When I log into ncl.com I see my cruise but when I try to see my husband's (using the sail date and booking number) it tells me it can't find it. I'm wondering if it's because we have different last names, or if it will only find one cruise per date. I could get him to create a profile and then I would just manage it, but really it would be more convenient if I could do everything (reservations, check-in, etc) from my account.

Any insights? I can't be the only one who wants to manage more than one reservation per cruise.

I would create a profile for everyone just so you can see points and status.  It may have changed, but you could create a profile for kids over like 15 but nothing as far as status or history shows up until 18.

1 hour ago, Cruise-mom said:

DW and DD did that excursion with NCL years ago and loved it.  Rest of Russia we did independent tours which were great if they still allow those.

1 hour ago, MeHeartCruising said:

The bus you go on isn't determined at time of purchase or at the time the tickets are printed and left in your cabins on embarkation day.   On the day of the excursion, everyone with a ticket for the "8:15 Excursion XXXX" goes to the designated meeting location -- usually the theatre or a restaurant.  Upon arrival at that location, you show your ticket and they give you a sticker to wear on your shirt.  That sticker has a number on it.  Make sure everyone in your party is there at the same time to get the same sticker number.   At 8:15, they will say "everyone on Excursion XXXX with sticker number 1 follow Sam.  He will take you to your bus."  So you should all be together on the same bus.  I don't think seat numbers for the ballet would be printed on the ticket.  I've never gone to a seating event like that.  But I suspect they would just let you all find seats in a reserved section.

Perfect, thank you so much!