Marigot Market Open?

rjh8115

We will be visiting St Martin on the 26th this month (from Symphony of the Seas).  Does anyone know if the market by the waterfront in Marigot is open?  That was always a highlight for us when we visit (after getting some delicious French pastries).

Thanks!

On 10/15/2021 at 4:08 PM, rjh8115 said:

We will be visiting St Martin on the 26th this month (from Symphony of the Seas).  Does anyone know if the market by the waterfront in Marigot is open?  That was always a highlight for us when we visit (after getting some delicious French pastries).

Thanks!

Up to date information from.

https://www.st-martin.org/us/contact-us

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/1/2021 at 12:31 PM, rjh8115 said:

We ended up heading to Marigot when we visited last week.  The market is open again.  They are busier on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Did you just take a taxi to Marigot?  If so, do you recall the cab fare?  Where were you dropped off?  Was it hard to find a taxi to get back to the cruise pier?  We are wanting to explore the French side and trying to determine a good place to be dropped off so we can walk and explore restaurants, bakeries and the market.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  

3 hours ago, like2cruise said:

Did you just take a taxi to Marigot?  If so, do you recall the cab fare?  Where were you dropped off?  Was it hard to find a taxi to get back to the cruise pier?  We are wanting to explore the French side and trying to determine a good place to be dropped off so we can walk and explore restaurants, bakeries and the market.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  

Work on $50.00 each way.  If you wish to explore the markets, asked to be dropped there.

Restaurants can get busy, best to book in advance, suggest La Villa for a shabby chic dining experience with an excellent set Menu (one can upgrade a course if wished).  Do book

PS: work on 45 minutes there, but for peace of mind allow 90 minutes return, as traffic can be appalling heavy when ships are in port.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
PS
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Choozin Croozin said:

Quite a few years back we took a bus I think from somewhere around the Guavaberry Emporium in town. Is that still an option?

Small local small bus/people carriers still run from Back Street.  

Just seek one out with your required destination on a board in a front windscreen.  Allow one to one and a quarter hours there and two hours to return because of heavy traffic.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

18 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Small local small bus/people carriers still run from Back Street.  

Just seek one out with your required destination on a board in a front windscreen.  Allow one to one and a quarter hours there and two hours to return because of heavy traffic.

Thank you. I do remember traffic being crazy and a long trip. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/13/2022 at 6:33 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Just an update.  I tried sending an email through this site.  No replay.  Found an email address for the Chamber of Commerce.  No respond.  I am assuming they are out of business.  I will not be able to add to my collection.  No need to go to the market on our next stop.  Thank you for your help.

35 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

Just an update.  I tried sending an email through this site.  No replay.  Found an email address for the Chamber of Commerce.  No respond.  I am assuming they are out of business.  I will not be able to add to my collection.  No need to go to the market on our next stop.  Thank you for your help.

Consider online sales sites?

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Consider online sales sites?

No luck that route either.  The artist would have to be in her 90's so could be dead.  Her son sold the prints at the market.  He could have retired.  I have 8 of her prints.  Sunset Beach, Oyster Pond, Marigot, Orient Beach, Gran Case, Pinel, Phillipsburg.

14 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

No luck that route either.  The artist would have to be in her 90's so could be dead.  Her son sold the prints at the market.  He could have retired.  I have 8 of her prints.  Sunset Beach, Oyster Pond, Marigot, Orient Beach, Gran Case, Pinel, Phillipsburg.

Googled and 5ths came up

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224598416552