No show at check in

momof3cruisers

My friend can’t come with me after all. When I get to check in do I just tell them she isn’t coming or that she isn’t here yet and they figure out later that she isn’t there or what? 

im hoping to buy Cheers as soon as possible but don’t want to pay for her since she isn’t there “yet.” Never had this situation before. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/15/2021 at 7:08 PM, nwcruiselover said:

The one time I have done this, they asked where the other person was (my DH).  I simply said he wasn’t feeling well and couldn’t come on the cruise.  Nothing more was said, and his taxes/port fees were refunded.

How were those refunded? Original credit card or as OBC?

33 minutes ago, tytanbri said:

How were those refunded? Original credit card or as OBC?

Mine were refunded to the original form of payment.  Just a note, with the current protocols I would probably not say my companion was ill and could not make the trip.  I have the situation coming up and my plan is to say he missed the flight or say nothing at all and just check in by myself.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

Mine were refunded to the original form of payment.  Just a note, with the current protocols I would probably not say my companion was ill and could not make the trip.  I have the situation coming up and my plan is to say he missed the flight or say nothing at all and just check in by myself.

I totally agree about not saying your companion is ill considering the current protocols.  They did ask me where he was, so I didn’t have the option of saying nothing.  Under current conditions I would say he missed the flight or had to work.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

Thank you. We ended up booking a fictitious person to get the cabin we wanted. It required 4 people and we only had 3. I think it was only $169 for the fare but the taxes and fees were more then that. We knew we would lose the fare. 

• Like 2