Move Up

DeltaJoe15

We made friends on our last cruise. We were in a sky suite and they were in a celebrity one on Silhouette.
They’ve booked the sky suite next year as they couldn’t really justify the extra expense and liked the fact that we could see the view from our bed and they couldn’t.

For us, a Sky Suite is just fine. The real attraction in my opinion is being in Retreat Class (especially on the Edge or Apex) and enjoying the amenities that come with that. For our cruise on the Edge leaving next week, I got email offers to upgrade to a Celebrity Suite for $800@. Had we booked the Celeb city Suite from the outset, the cost would have been somewhere in the neighborhood of $1700@ so move uo was a pretty good deal assuming an $800 bid was accepted. 

I think the Sky Suite is approx. 50% larger than a typical cabin and the size is fine with us. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, molemaui said:

For us, a Sky Suite is just fine. The real attraction in my opinion is being in Retreat Class (especially on the Edge or Apex) and enjoying the amenities that come with that. For our cruise on the Edge leaving next week, I got email offers to upgrade to a Celebrity Suite for $800@. Had we booked the Celeb city Suite from the outset, the cost would have been somewhere in the neighborhood of $1700@ so move uo was a pretty good deal assuming an $800 bid was accepted. 

I think the Sky Suite is approx. 50% larger than a typical cabin and the size is fine with us. 

Agree 100%. I might pay $300-400pp to upgrade from SS to CS on Edge, but no more than that. The $800pp minimum move up bid was a non-starter.

On the other hand, the $2,000pp minimum bid for an Edge Villa was tempting.