Cabin footwear

tllp

I always take with me a pair of the slippers that one receives when staying at a hotel like the Ritz Carlton or the Sheraton or the Intercontinental.

That is all one requires when moving about the cabin after a shower or bath.

Jennie

If you are in a suite they will supply the slippers - the kind you get at the Ritz Carlton.

Roberta

I've never been provided with slippers (Oosterdam 1/28 most recently). I had gone to the dollar store and found a really cute pair of Oriental brocade slippers for a dollar. Wore them and left them behind.

Most of my hotel slippers have come from hotels in China, Singapore, Hong Kong or Thailand. However, they rarely fit me! I wear a 10 wide shoe and the most recent pair from the Langham Hotel in Auckland would not fit all the way on my feet. For the cabin, I wear whatever footwear I have taken to wear at the pool. Try Arcopedias -- a stretch slipper that covers the whole foot and feels like a foot massage. Various catalogs have them

My slippers are in my carry on bag on the plane. For any flight over two hours I put them on once I am in my seat. My feet are in much better shape by the time we are ready to land. Then...I have them for the room.

The only time we have been given slippers on board a ship was on Royal Caribbean.

I use my speedo slides both as room slippers, spa slippers,& pool footwear. One pair of slides are very versatile, saving my room in my suitcase for all the other heavy stuff, I seem to pack.

I use the same leather flip-flops on the ship as I so at home. Then they do double-duty when I go to the pool. No sense packing anything extra.

sidebar to Jennie---Hi! This was the first post of your's I've seen since your SA cruise. I was wondering the other day if you were home. Will we be seeing a report? Please?

Do I need to pack slippers? What does everyone wear on their feet once they're out of the shower and into their HAL robes:rolleyes: ?

My husband travels for work 200+ days a year. We ALWAYS take slippers, whereever we go. I use a pair of slides with a soft, rubber bottom; he uses a pair of moc-style with a hard bottom.

We also always throw the bedspread bottom-up on the floor. Bedspreads are not changed regularly in most hotels (not sure about HAL ships) and they're just nasty, so on the floor it goes. Last cruise on the Oosterdam in October, every time we entered the cabin and wanted to sit/lie down on the bed (which was A LOT as we didn't go to shore in most stops and were in a TEENY, TINY inside cabin with no sofa) we'd throw the thing on the floor. Then we'd come back and find our sweet steward had replaced it. Back on the floor. After about three days, the steward got the message and just removed the spread altogether. Hurray! Next time, I'm just going to ask at the very beginning that he do that.

Robin

Hi Ruth,

I have kept a journal and will send it to you if you like. Please let me know.

Jennie

Thank you, Jennie. I'd love that.

I just sent you an e-mail to that effect, but it was returned as undeliverable. Same old problem. :rolleyes:

Flip-flops are the way to go.... I will not be wearing them in the dining room, however. :p

I had to wear flip-flops on formal night once. I was so embarrassed.:o

Between the flight, the salty-food, and whatever else caused it, I had edema to the point that even the bottoms of my feet had swelled. I couldn't have gotten a shoe on even for a free cruise!

Fortunately I had a long gown and got to the dining room early. I didn't want to make a total spectacle of myself!

Learned the lesson that long gowns are good to wear.

Archived