Shore Excursions showing Sold Out

Mrs Miggins

Bit frustrated with Viking at the moment so could somebody confirm the email address (something like tell us ?) 

We are on Venus 29th December and in MVJ under shore excursions the banner says "The shore excursions for your upcoming Viking voyage are not available at this time. We are working with our local operators to finalize your program. We will advise as soon as they are available to book. Thank you for your patience."

However the included shore excursions (which we have done before) are showing plus a couple of other options - several of which are showing as Sold Out.  We are in a lowly DV6 and I understand that that impacts our ability to book - but the banner implies that the excursions are under review.

The roll call is extremely quiet.

Viking uses SOLD OUT for multiple reasons. Actually sold out, not going to offer, not yet ready to open for booking.  So, it isn't time to panic yet.  

Once booking does open for DV and if one of the shorex I want still says sold out, that is when I send an email to tellus@vikingcruises.com to express my disappointment that a tour I wanted to do so much has sold out and urge that they add more buses.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't; it  depends on the nature of the tour. 

In the meantime, keep an eye on MVJ. People change their minds and places open.  Even if only one seat is available, snap it up; then keeping trying for the second.  Easier to talk your way on to the bus if you already have one seat.  

• Like 4

I am having the same issue.  My trip is on Nov 29 2021.  I was able to book all port excursions except for one port.  It showed sold out!  This was for the included one (which I should be gauranteed on).  Also all the other optional showed sold out.  I find this odd

1 hour ago, malovestravel said:

I find this odd

I would have agreed pre-Covid.  Re-start, however,  has been difficult since shore-side services in all ports are not re-starting at an equal pace or with equal vigor -- and Viking is wholly dependent on the shore-side providers for buses (and drivers), tourguides and port services. Many travel industry workers were forced to find new jobs during the hiatus and may not be returning. Things will continue to be rocky for the unforeseeable future.

If an included tour is marked sold out, contact tellus@vikingcruises.com to tell them an included tour is sold out and ask when they will be adding me more places. Then continue to watch MVJ for openings.

• 4 weeks later...