2 questions about COVID requirements

joeinsb

My wife is curious about what the Viking guest tracking devices look like. Are they a pin you wear, a bracelet, a pendant? How big are they and what color are they?She is, no doubt, planning her wardrobe accordingly. Just joking, but she would like to know more about the tracking device. On a more serious note, I have a question about the pre-cruise COVID test requirement. I know that the requirements may vary for each cruise, but according to the recent e-mail we received from Viking regarding our December Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, we are required to get a PCR test within 72 hours of our first flight to Florida from our home country (in our case the U.S.), not 72 hours before the actual cruise departs, as most of the Cruise Critic posters have been saying about their e-mails. Since we will be flying on a Thursday, a day ahead of the cruise,  which begins on a Friday, we assume that we should get our test on Monday to comply with the 72 hours prior to the flight requirement, not on Tuesday, which would be three days before the cruise departs.  It appears the crucial date is the flight date, not the cruise departure date unless no flight is involved for the lucky people who live near the port. Is that correct?

This thread may be helpful:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2793321-on-board-tracking-device-question/?tab=comments#comment-61542906

We kept ours in our pockets as if worn on the lanyard it kept hitting or getting caught on the table as you were sitting down or getting up. Also--not super attractive and interfered with your jewelry/outfit aesthetic-lol.

I wore my tracking device around the neck under clothing.  Most of the time the red lanyard did not show but it was a cold weather cruise.  For a Caribbean cruise i would probably tie it to a belt loop or in my pocket if it was hot.  As far as the covid test, it should be taken within 72 hours before your first flight or 72 hours of boarding the ship if you are driving.  

1 hour ago, joeinsb said:

recent e-mail we received from Viking regarding our December Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, we are required to get a PCR test within 72 hours of our first flight to Florida from our home country (in our case the U.S.), not 72 hours before the actual cruise departs,

Yes, we got the same email for our Dec. cruise out of FLL.  But the letter goes on to say to check the requirements for a specific cruise on the resources tab for that cruise, which for all US cruises, per CDC, says to get a PCR or antigen test 2 days before embarking.  Very confusing, and many people have no idea what to do.  For us, it is either Dec. 20 or Dec. 22, so a two day difference.  

And just to confuse things more, I just this minute got an email from Viking  saying the Oct. 13 email stating the 72 hour PCR test requirements was sent in error, and we should follow the Oct. 5 notification that states PCR or antigen 2 days ( not 48 hours) before embarkation!

• Like 1