Celebrity FAQ now showing Mixed Doses of Vaccines allowed

cruisingxpert

I don't see it on Oceania yet but I suspect they will follow suit.  Good news for a lot of passengers and cruise line employees that couldn't return because of this rule

This followed the US announcement for opening the Border to fully vaccinated travelers on Nov 8th

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/u-s-canadian-travellers-mixed-vaccines-1.6213176

From Celebrity FAQ

Will I be considered fully vaccinated if my first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine is from one manufacturer and the second dose is from another?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has clarified their position regarding mixed vaccinations and provided Celebrity Cruises with updated guidance. 

For ALL sailings, including US and Global Departures, the CDC will now recognize a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines, with a minimum of 28 days between doses, as fully vaccinated:

• Pfizer
  • Moderna
  • Johnson & Johnson,
  • AstraZeneca
  • Sinovac
  • Sinopharm

• Guests who received the Janssen (aka Johnson & Johnson) vaccine before or after another COVID-19 vaccine should be considered to have received a valid, single-dose Janssen vaccination—not a mixed vaccination series—and are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
  • To be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests 12 years of age and older, must complete a vaccine series with the last dose administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.
  • Some ports of call may not accept mixed vaccines and therefore could prevent guests with mixed vaccines from going ashore. 

31 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I noticed a little while ago that O’s sail safe protocols were modified to include mixed dose vaccines of Pfizer and Moderna.

That happened last month.  It was the reopening of the Canadian US border that seems to finally made CDC look more favorably on other mixed doses.  Almost 4 Million Canadians had mixed doses and tons of UK citizens as well.  Quite a few people had to cancel their cruises because of this issue so really glad to see the change in policy.