DBP Questions

I booked the DBP for my upcoming Freedom cruise, and have some questions specifically about bottled water. I usually get the Evian package in cabin but skipping it this time.

1. Where are the easiest places to get water in the morning prior to going onshore?

2. How about late night, where can I easily pick up bottled water? Is it limited to 1 bottle at a time?

3. At the bars, can I get a bottle of water with a cocktail, or is there 15 minutes between that too?

4. In the specialty restaurants, I assume I can get sparkling water and wine at the same time?

1. Any bar

2. Any bar

3. Yes, i always opt for sparkling Pellegrino water along with my cocktail and or beer (only once was i denied because i asked for an additional cocktail and told me about the 15 min wait period) 

4.Yes always opt for Pellegrino when our waiter asks. They will bring the large bottle and chill it nearby.

3 minutes ago, chrislo said:

I was wondering about the water as well.  Can I get multiple bottles at 1 time or do I need to go to the bar multiple times to stock up on water for the cabin.

Two probably.  More might become an issue.   No personal experience going to more.  If your server knows you, more likely.  Tips help. 

56 minutes ago, chrislo said:

I was wondering about the water as well.  Can I get multiple bottles at 1 time or do I need to go to the bar multiple times to stock up on water for the cabin.

Before i go to bed I stop by a bar and get 2 bottles of water and 1 Pellegrino. Never had an issue.

A bottle or two of water is no big deal when you order a drink (or just by themselves, no drink order required).

And I don't believe there really is a "15 minute wait" rule.  I've seen friends stand at the bar and order shot after shot after shot, all in the space of five minutes or less (or a shot followed by a beer).  Of course, they were consuming the shots, not walking off with multiple drinks in their hands and sharing them with friends who didn't have the drink package.  

It's about the intent of the rule about only one drink at a time, rather than a strict timing thing.

You can get water pretty much anywhere.  They also have it down at the port exit when you are getting off the ship.  Many of our bar servers bring us a water when we order a drink.  So you will have zero problems getting all the water you want.

18 hours ago, brillohead said:

A bottle or two of water is no big deal when you order a drink (or just by themselves, no drink order required).

And I don't believe there really is a "15 minute wait" rule.  I've seen friends stand at the bar and order shot after shot after shot, all in the space of five minutes or less (or a shot followed by a beer).  Of course, they were consuming the shots, not walking off with multiple drinks in their hands and sharing them with friends who didn't have the drink package.  

It's about the intent of the rule about only one drink at a time, rather than a strict timing thing.

so true, because we went back to our chairs by pool and Pool Bar Waiter promptly brought us fresh cocktails and more sparkling water.. LOL

• Like 1