water

Scorpiorose

Hi all, I have a water question. I have to drink tons, it's a pain, and I'm partial to lipton diet tea, it's a way to get more water in....I was thinking of packing one suitcase just with my weeks water supply....then I'll bring home my vacation goodies in that suitcase. What do you all think? Last cruise I couldn't get enough water and I don't want to buy a $4 bottle of water every time I need one.:rolleyes:

Well, I usually add something to the water to get it down...liek crystal light. I suppose instead of packing the water itself I could just pack the power to add to it and bring a drinking bottle. Hummmm, where to put the goodies though....:o

That's exactly what I'm doing. I don't mind the ships water at all. Will bring a water bottle and add Crystal Lite. BTW..the sunrise orange is great and makes great Tequilla Sunrises ;)

good tip!:D I like the raspberry tea...I'll rethink this situation. My

BF thinks I'm crazy....but then I guess I am...:) I've already started packing, I just open the suitcase and throw things in as I think about it....I'm one of those...thinks way in advance and plans every thing, he's a fly by the seat of his pants....it all works! Have fun!

You didn't mention which ship you're on, but on the Caribbean Princess last October, the water straight out of the tap was excellent. One of the best tips I got from this board was to take a large insulated mug with a snap-on lid, get your ice bucket filled from your room steward, and take your mug with you out to the pool. We did this several times. Then you could also add your powdered Crystal Light or whatever. And if, by chance, you're on a Princess ship and headed to Princess Cays, there are large water containers every 20 yards or so on the island with paper cups. So, definitely no reason to spend $4 on the bottled water. Kellie in Texas

If you're flying to the port, do you know that there are weight and size restrictions for your luggage? It can cost you a fortune for overweight luggage and if you're planning on packing things like bottled water, Crystal Lite and tea and a coffee pot, where are you going to put all your clothes for a cruise and still be under the weight/size and number of bags restrictions. You really don't need to bring your own bottled water as the ship's water is more pure and has less minerals than the water from your home tap. Bring an insulated mug and fill it with water and add whatever you want to that. You can order coffee from room service, and it's really good coffee. I don't know what you're planning on buying that you're going to need an entire suitcase to bring it all home in, but believe me, there's not all that much to buy once you get a couple of tshirts or caps or whatever. I've been on 42 cruises, and even for my early cruises, I never bought so much that I needed a suitcase to haul it all home.

In order to streamline your packing, make a list----don't just throw things in a suitcase. If you do that, believe me, you're going to throw stuff in that you don't need and you WILL find you've left something home that you really needed. A packing list makes things easier, allows you not to overpack, and you don't forget anything that's important.

Ok, I think you're right Kitty, bringing the water doesn't seem to be an idea that will work. I certainly wouldn't bring a coffee pot, I was thinking of bringing my own coffee to brew in my room. I do have a wonderful trip packing list I got off of here so I'm looking forward to bringing one suitcase and one carry on....:p

Hi all, I have a water question. I have to drink tons, it's a pain, and I'm partial to lipton diet tea, it's a way to get more water in....I was thinking of packing one suitcase just with my weeks water supply....then I'll bring home my vacation goodies in that suitcase. What do you all think? Last cruise I couldn't get enough water and I don't want to buy a $4 bottle of water every time I need one.:rolleyes:

Based on what I've learned on this board I am going to get the taxi to stop by a store on the way to port and purchase some water and soda to carry on. This would be used primarily for shore excursions and I've also heard the the ships water is fine. I don't want to deal with the hassle or weight restrictions of flying with it.

Archived