Sony A7IV officially announced - A solid upgrade

pierces

Just finished the intro from Sony and the first impressions from DPReview TV. 

A compelling upgrade. 33MP. No hit on ISO with higher resolution, still excellent. Still 10 FPS burst, but buffer is nearly unlimited in JPEG and compressed RAW. Lossless compressed RAW is now an option but drops the max frame rate. AF is much improved with Eye, animal and bird tracking. AF down to EV-4 and works even at f/22 (Single-AF). Movie button is relocated just behind the shutter button. Dials and buttons very customizable. Touch screen works for menu now and the LCD itself is now swing-to-the-side articulated. Auto shutter close when changing lenses is an option for sensor dust prevention. Lots of cool video stuff which I sort of blew by except for the overheating which it doesn't do, even at 4K. At all.

I will be upgrading, but will likely not until next year since I have my camera budget targeting the 70-200 f/2.8 GM II first. That would be different if I a) didn't already have an A7III or b) the GM Mark II hadn't just been announced. The camera really looks like a winner.

Here's the first look with Chris & Jordan at DPReview TV: DPReview TV: Sony a7 IV first impressions review: Digital Photography Review

Dave