5a cabin on Imagination....

labtech

I just filled out my fun pass and it says we are listed in a 5a catagory. We booked qty on an inside cabin...does this mean we are on the empress deck (the only 5a I can see) at the point of the ship....OCEANVIEW????? I am sure that is better than inside on lower deck (!!!!) but are these rooms in a good location? Not that I would complain, mind you! And I know this could change before sail date of 4/15. Location wise my son says it should be good unless we hit something head on!!! LOL

I've had 5A cabins on two cruises, and I chose those particular cabins because they have 2 portholes, and are far forward cabins. Much less expensive than OV cabins, and I still get to 'see the sea'.:) The only thing is that you will hear the anchors drop when in port (lasts only a coupla seconds, but it's LOUD). Good thing is there's no hall traffic, so nice and quiet.

One of our cabins on the Legend for an upcoming cruise is 5A. We were upgraded from IG, so we are happy about this. The Cabins have two french doors that go out to a railing and no balcony. The lifeboats are on this level. We have a room in between so we have a partial view. Everyone has told me these are very nice cabins. Good luck with yours and have a great cruise.

We had a 5A on the Inspiration (sister ship). Cabin E7. It was terrific! As Cotton said, very little traffic outside as you are so far forward, the laundry room was right around the corner. And my little 5 foot tall body fit perfectly in the "window-seat" of the portholes. It was nice to be able to look out, and we saved a bunch of $$ too!

Just off the Imagination 2/13. We were in a 5a...Empress Deck! You will have the 2 port holes like everyone says! However, the anchors dropping last a little longer than a few minutes. If you are planning on getting off the boat...this could be your wake up call! :) It was nothing to frown about! We did feel a little movement, but nothing to bad! The hall traffic is very true! There wasn't ever any noise in the halls! It was a wonderful room to have!!! You'll be pleased!

We had a 5A on the Inspiration (sister ship). Cabin E7. It was terrific! As Cotton said, very little traffic outside as you are so far forward, the laundry room was right around the corner. And my little 5 foot tall body fit perfectly in the "window-seat" of the portholes. It was nice to be able to look out, and we saved a bunch of $$ too!

We had this cabin on our very first cruise 4/2002, and loved it. We also had paid for an 1A cabin so thought it wa agreat upgrade. Like Cotton said, we heard the anchors every morning as we docked but it didn't last long and we were usually awake anyway.

We had a 5A once and liked it alot; so much so we booked that category for our upcoming Celebration cruise in 8 days :D You get an outside for an inside price. I'll ditto what previous responders have said about the hall traffic being pretty much non-existent. I don't recall hearing the anchor, so it must have not been a problem.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Holland America - 2004, 2006

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006

Royal Caribbean - 2001

One of our cabins on the Legend for an upcoming cruise is 5A. We were upgraded from IG, so we are happy about this. The Cabins have two french doors that go out to a railing and no balcony. The lifeboats are on this level. We have a room in between so we have a partial view. Everyone has told me these are very nice cabins. Good luck with yours and have a great cruise.

FYI, 5A's are different on different classes of ships. The OP will have 2 portholes, not french doors, I believe.

Mark T

Archived