St Thomas....Jewelry

sirdavid

If you are lucky enough to dock at Haversight you will have dozens of stores to shop in right there off the gangway. I love it!!:D

I was looking for a silver necklace one year for my mother and had a difficult time finding some even there. They have lots of gold stores!!

It is much easier to find silver if you have a stop in Mexico. Not sure where else your cruise goes.

Good luck and happy shopping!!:cool: Deb C.

Before you get to St. Thomas, price similar bracelets on the ship. You might do better with silver jewelry on board. If you are not set on a charm bracelet, you might find some pretty larimar set in silver that suits you taste.

We found the best prices and selection of larimar at Mountain Top, but you can also find some at Havensight.

I hate to be a party pooper, but you might get a better deal on qvc or shopnbc. They have liberal return policies. Returning merchandise to island stores can be a hastle. Also, depending on the state where you live, you won't have to pay tax to those shopping channels, which competes nicely with duty free. At the least you can go on their websites to get some idea of what you are looking for and what it might cost.

Before you get to St. Thomas, price similar bracelets on the ship. You might do better with silver jewelry on board. If you are not set on a charm bracelet, you might find some pretty larimar set in silver that suits you taste.

We found the best prices and selection of larimar at Mountain Top, but you can also find some at Havensight.

I was thinking about where I might have seen silver on St.Thomas since most pieces are gold and then saw this post. Excellent idea. There is some very pretty larimar set in silver at Moutain Top.

My wife and I have purchased from Liberty Jewelry in St. Thomas. The owner is very friendly not pushy, and will go down significantly on the original price. We purchased a ring there last year and when we had it appraised at home found we made an excellent deal. They are located in Drake's Alley near the Hard Rock Cafe downtown. Another nice extra is they serve you free beer and soft drinks while you are negotiating. We are planning on going there when our cruise stops there next month. Good luck and let me know how you make out.

David

Archived