No shore excursions in Bimini?

moonvine

Hi all,  

I was wanting to do the shipwreck.  Carnival shows no shore excursions available in Bimini as do a couple of major shore excursion search engines.  There are shore excursions available for the other stops.  Anyone have any idea why this might be?  I’m on the Glory out of New Orleans on December 19.  Thanks!

Honestly I can’t believe I can’t get a single recommendation.  Know where I want to go but can’t find a tour operator.    I see I phrased my question wrongly.  We are stopping in Bimini, I want to snorkel the shipwreck, does anyone know a good tour operator?

Edited by moonvine

On 10/21/2021 at 6:00 PM, moonvine said:

I was wanting to do the shipwreck.

Have a look at the Fav 4 Adventures excursion at www.700adventures.com/bimini for the shipwreck snorkel.  This is the description from their website:

Four exciting sites, four different experiences. The fav 4 adventure has four different levels of adventure; ships, planes, stingrays and sharks!

Snorkel wrecks such as the S.S. Sapona also known as " The concrete ship", one of Bimini's most popular sites. Surround yourself with reef sharks, and get up close and personal with stingrays. 

Trip Duration: 4 Hours

Included: Round trip transportation from designated pick up locations, and snorkel gear.

$200 per person

Edited by Stem to Stern

On 10/30/2021 at 6:35 PM, stephanieelena said:

I'm on Glory end of November for the 14 day panama canal cruise 🛳 😎  so excited and reading everything I can. Can't believe the hotel prices 😳 where is everyone staying? Recommendations? 1st time in New Orleans, not huge drinkers

Which direction are you coming from?  I am in the process of looking for hotels for my Dec 19th cruise.  I used to live in Baton Rouge so I am familar with the area.  

I’m sailing on the new Holland America Line Rotterdam VII Friday 11/05 (calling at Bimini the next day) and we finally have a limited number of excursions on the app this week. There is one snorkel excursion to the Sapona shipwreck, $119 per person and another reef shark snorkel tour. Deep sea fishing, eco conch boat tour, stingray adventure, kayaking tour, Paradise beach package for two with snorkel gear, and a 4 person beach cabana rental.

On 11/1/2021 at 8:58 PM, PSU2LSU said:

Which direction are you coming from?  I am in the process of looking for hotels for my Dec 19th cruise.  I used to live in Baton Rouge so I am familar with the area.  

Deep south Texas. Going through the Houston area into Louisiana. 

5 hours ago, stephanieelena said:

Deep south Texas. Going through the Houston area into Louisiana. 

You can look from Baton Rouge all the way down.  If you wanted you can start looking in Lafayette / Lake Charles area if they have better room rates. We are staying at the Ramada by Wyndham Luling for around $100 a night.  I have to pick up people from the airport so we wanteded something close to the airport. 

In terms of things to do in New Orleans.  I'm not a drinker either and that's probably the thing everyone does down there.  You can get there early the day of the cruise and do Cafe Du Monde for breakfast. At the end of November you can see if the city park has the lights setup yet.  That was a fun event I did with my family around that time frame.   Obviously doing things in New Orleans will require you to get a hotel closer to New Orleans.  Some hotel capacity has been taken off line due to Hurricane IDA which is on reason the prices seem to be a bit higher then normal. 

13 minutes ago, WLHyatt said:

We are on the Dec 19th Glory cruise as well. I was hoping more information would be available about this port by now. I think right now we are planning to rent a golf cart and just go explore on our own.

A gold cart 🤯 I love that idea so much. So then it's allowed to drive around the city in? 🤔  on South Padre Island, TX were allowed to drive golf carts, but not in the nearby towns. I love it.