Apex (Edge class) MDR options

cruzer0007

we are sailing on the Dec 4th itinerary for Apex, and see that the MDR is actually 4 different location options.   Cant find anything about how that plays out, dont see any selections in the cruise planner.  We did get the 6pm time slot, but dont see how the various location options are administered. Does celebrity assign us a different dining room every night, and we dont get to have any voice in that ?   They have to have some kind of system to balance available tables, but I have not found any info to help us understand how that works.   Anybody who's been on a recent edge class saiing and done the MDR every night, can you share some insight on this ?  Thanks in advance

Edited by cruzer0007
typo

We're booked on the Beyond for next December, and the four MDRs are on the cruise planner, and I've made reservations for them. They are under dining options. Scroll past the specialty dining options, at the bottom, it shows the 4 restaurants. The make your reservations as you normally would. It gives options for day and times.

1 hour ago, cruzer0007 said:

we are sailing on the Dec 4th itinerary for Apex, and see that the MDR is actually 4 different location options.   Cant find anything about how that plays out, dont see any selections in the cruise planner.  We did get the 6pm time slot, but dont see how the various location options are administered. Does celebrity assign us a different dining room every night, and we dont get to have any voice in that ?   They have to have some kind of system to balance available tables, but I have not found any info to help us understand how that works.   Anybody who's been on a recent edge class saiing and done the MDR every night, can you share some insight on this ?  Thanks in advance

It sounds as though you have selected traditional dining, not select.  If that is accurate you will be assigned to one of the 4 MDR’s at your designated time.  You will have the same table and wait staff every night.  Depending on the number of passengers on board, you may be able to request, via your Maitre d’, to eat in one of the others.  Even if you cannot be accommodated for that, it has been reported that since those 4 share a galley it is possible to order the items exclusive to another in any of those 4 dining rooms. 

Currently on the Apex TA, and we have enjoyed dinner in all of them (select dining).  Service and food have been very good.

Thanks deliver42 for sharing those details.  I did see those choices, but they appear under the "Anytime Dining" category, and we explicitly selected the fixed dining time of 6pm.   After drilling down on one of the links, I did finally get the answer to my question, but I have to say I think Celebrity is doing a poor job of conveying the default dining experience for the edge class.  I would have preferred to have this explained more clearly on the primary pages where dining is discussed.  Here is the helpful text I found ... thanks again for sharing your insight, it was helpful in my ability to finally locate this reference. I put what I think are the key points in red below 

Celebrity Select Dining Early and Late on Edge Series
We may have reinvented the main restaurant experience, but we haven’t changed the way you plan your dining in our main restaurants. You can choose Celebrity Select Early or Late seating for your dining times, which allows you to enjoy dinner at the same table with the same waiter every evening. You’ll be assigned one of the four main dining restaurants while having the option to dine in the other three upon request.

You’ll receive notice in your stateroom on embarkation day for confirmation of your restaurant, table number, and waiter.

Edited by cruzer0007

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 3:50 PM, zitsky said:

If you are in a suite, can you make reservations at the MDR to try it out, using the app?  Not sure yet if we will be in a suite or Aqua/Blu.

Not sure about making the reservation through the app, but we just got back from an October sailing on the Edge with two other couples and all of us were in Celebrity Suites.  Both our friends dined in one of the main dining rooms and they just asked our Butler to make the reservations for them....no problem.

My pre-covid suite experience on the Edge was that if you are a late diner, and come a bit later than the lines for seating (but not at the last minute, of course) you can just show up at any of the main dining rooms.  This came in handy for us twice, and we loved the food in the Cyprus.  Will be on the Apex this winter and hope to do it again.  Might ask my butler to help.