Post cruise testing experiences

scottbee

What is everyone's post-cruise (returning to Canada) testing experiences?  We're on a Celebrity in a couple of weeks, and they advertise including testing for return to port/home country; how did that work out for you?

Additional test will be administered onboard, free of charge if required for homeport, or home country re-entry. For the latest on Testing and Travel Requirements by homeport Country, please visit Country Travel Requirementshttps://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/health-and-safety

There have been numerous positive posts both here and on the Celebrity board. The only negative comment (not on CC) came from a vlogger whose test results were lost. This was right at the start of this program and was a mistake no one has reported since. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

There have been numerous positive posts both here and on the Celebrity board. The only negative comment (not on CC) came from a vlogger whose test results were lost. This was right at the start of this program and was a mistake no one has reported since. 

That posting was in early August from Don and Celebrity made him wait until the morning he disembarked the ship to get his test, and then they lost the results.  This had us VERY concerned.  We travelled RCCL 2 weeks after this incident on the Odyssey.  They handled our tests flawlessly.  We went to Guest Services mid-cruise and booked PCR tests for our family of 6 on the last evening of the cruise at 6 pm.  It took no more than 10 minutes for them to test all 6 of us.  We went to our dinner reservations at 6:45 pm that night and the results were sealed in an envelope on our beds in our cabins when we returned to them after dinner just after 8 pm.  Well done RCCL 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Russ Lomas said:

That posting was in early August from Don and Celebrity made him wait until the morning he disembarked the ship to get his test, and then they lost the results.  This had us VERY concerned.  We travelled RCCL 2 weeks after this incident on the Odyssey.  They handled our tests flawlessly.  We went to Guest Services mid-cruise and booked PCR tests for our family of 6 on the last evening of the cruise at 6 pm.  It took no more than 10 minutes for them to test all 6 of us.  We went to our dinner reservations at 6:45 pm that night and the results were sealed in an envelope on our beds in our cabins when we returned to them after dinner just after 8 pm.  Well done RCCL 

Yup, it was Don, and definitely an exception. Your positive experience on RCI is what I've seen on Celebrity too. 👍

• Like 2

I would like to hear from any Canadians who may have already experienced post cruise testing on Princess, specifically Grand Princess when returning to the San Pedro, CA port near LA. The website says that testing is done on land after you have disembarked the ship and gone through customs, and that PCR test results are available in 60 minutes. Can I trust this for a 2:10 pm flight? I wish they would do the testing on board the ship the day before like Celebrity and other lines do.

Final payment is due next Friday and I'm still struggling with what to do, cruise or cancel.

Thank you.

Margo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MOLAcruiser said:

I would like to hear from any Canadians who may have already experienced post cruise testing on Princess, specifically Grand Princess when returning to the San Pedro, CA port near LA. The website says that testing is done on land after you have disembarked the ship and gone through customs, and that PCR test results are available in 60 minutes. Can I trust this for a 2:10 pm flight? I wish they would do the testing on board the ship the day before like Celebrity and other lines do.

Final payment is due next Friday and I'm still struggling with what to do, cruise or cancel.

Thank you.

Margo

There have been a number of posts from Canadians who have been tested post-cruise with Princess. The test was quick and the results were received within an hour. I don't know the drive time from port to airport, but you shouldn't experience any difficulty with a 2:10 pm flight. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MOLAcruiser said:

Thank you.

Margo

I've heard reports that it is about an hour for results, but I've also heard (CC or YouTube cannot remember where) that make sure you insist of PCR test. If you don't specify they may just give you an Antigen test.