What days are formal for Maasdam, Montreal to Boston?

Sunshine10

This is our 1st HAL cruise and the boards have me all fired up.

Does anyone know which nights are formal nights on the Maasdam, Montreal to Boston cruise? We are on the 5/13 cruise in Cat S and I'm trying to decide if we need to pre-book a dinner in the Pinnacle and what days to consider since I prefer formal nights in the dining room? Also, since we have a table for 2 in the dining room, is eating in the Pinnacle signficantly different?

Thanks in advance!

Yes....dining in Pinnacle is significantly different than in the dining room. (But please know the dining room on MADM is very, very beautiful. Wait until you see the ceiling!!!) Pinnacle is a much smaller, more intimate restaurant. The one on Maasdam is rich woods and has the feel of a clubroom steak restaurant and we find it very comfortable and enjoy it very much.

We've done that cruise three times and have another set of b-to-b's on it booked this summer....clearly we really like it!!! :)

The formal nights will be the second night and your sea day.

I don't recall which day that is but if you wish, later, I'll pull out my program and look.

I think you made a great choice for your first HAL cruise. Most people think this a wonderful itineary....and MADM is a very favorite ship of ours.

Thanks sail7seas... We'll definitely check out the Pinnacle. I'm still trying to figure out whether the formal night is actually on our anniversary or not.. I'm betting it is... since it's a sea day... wouldn't that be perfect. :) If not we'll opt for the Pinnacle for that night.

But from Montreal to Boston, the 3rd night is our sea night, so I'm assuming the 2nd formal night is later in the week... perhaps 2nd to last night of the cruise?

Do you think with an S cat, I'll need to book the Pinnacle in advance? I'd rather play it by ear, but several posts seem to indicate that the Pinnacle does fill up.

Oh Well... it's just nice to be able to worry about these trival matters.

Archived