Room service from specialty restaurants in Vista Suites

Gray Eagle02

My husband and I are scheduled for our first Oceania cruise ( we have multiple cruises on Regent) in a Vista Suite. When we order room service from the specialty restaurants will they bring a bottle of wine? We intend to get the premium beverage package. On Regent meals were always delivered with wine if requested.

1 hour ago, Gray Eagle02 said:

My husband and I are scheduled for our first Oceania cruise ( we have multiple cruises on Regent) in a Vista Suite. When we order room service from the specialty restaurants will they bring a bottle of wine? We intend to get the premium beverage package. On Regent meals were always delivered with wine if requested.

Wine in any O package is by the glass from a very limited menu and, if it should occasionally happen, a full bottle of the limited list would be  a decision your Butler would have to make. 
That said, you can certainly border wines from the regular wine list and your Butler will get it/serve it/save it AND charge you for it.

9 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

Also, in a vista suite you are entitled to 6 bottles of spirits and/or wine. You can ask your TA for the list before sailing and have one of the bottles served with your dinner. 

Yes - forgot about the initial bar setup for the higher cabin levels. 

16 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Yes - forgot about the initial bar setup for the higher cabin levels. 

Ah! But that selection is a personal thing. Some prefer those on hand wines to be nice casual drinking wines for any occasion. Those “ cocktail “ wines are typically not the “ food “ wines people want to accompany a variety of dishes. I may be pinotlover, but Pinot Noirs doesn’t pair with everything. 

Decisions, Decisions!! 🥂

When we have ordered dinner into a suite we have sometimes used the "bar setup" or some wine we brought on board.  We've never ordered a GLASS.  That's just us, since DH rarely drinks alcohol but I do.  In our situation, we never considered asking about ordering a BOTTLE.

With your package, the problem (which I believe has been addressed) is that there are a selection of glasses of wine, but not bottles.  If you really think you would drink a bottle of wine at your ensuite dinner, then I think you should either bring it on board with you or just buy from the regular wine list ... which will be more expensive than if you bought a bottle you like on shore and brought it back to the room.

• Like 1

Following as we too are new to a Oceania and will be in a PH suite. We understand that we can have specialty restaurant meals served in our cabin. Am I understanding that if we have brought wine on board that the butler can also serve our own wine without the corkage fee being assessed?

20 minutes ago, madera1 said:

Following as we too are new to a Oceania and will be in a PH suite. We understand that we can have specialty restaurant meals served in our cabin. Am I understanding that if we have brought wine on board that the butler can also serve our own wine without the corkage fee being assessed?

I don’t actually understand the total question. First, you do not have to pay corkage for beverages (wine consumed) within your cabin.

Second, not sure of your expectations. If your desired wine is in storage, your Butler will deliver from storage and open, along with pour your first glass. A Butler has up to sixteen (16) other cabins to take care of. Don’t expect him to show up and personally pour your subsequent glasses in any timely manner.

For wines we desire with in suite meals, we typically don’t give them for storage so we can decant as needed. Then we pour the wines as we desire not awaiting service from our often over pushed Butler.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

I don’t actually understand the total question. First, you do not have to pay corkage for beverages (wine consumed) within your cabin.

Second, not sure of your expectations. If your desired wine is in storage, your Butler will deliver from storage and open, along with pour your first glass. A Butler has up to sixteen (16) other cabins to take care of. Don’t expect him to show up and personally pour your subsequent glasses in any timely manner.

For wines we desire with in suite meals, we typically don’t give them for storage so we can decant as needed. Then we pour the wines as we desire not awaiting service from our often over pushed Butler.

And let’s not forget that the penthouse cabins’ tables are not exactly the best size for “en-suite” dining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

We alwasy found that our butlers appreciated if we checked with them the day or two ahead about having dinner served in our PH.....that way he could let us know if he already has a full evening and we can choose another night or he knows so he can let others know and perhaps adjust their nights.   

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 9:26 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

And let’s not forget that the penthouse cabins’ tables are not exactly the best size for “en-suite” dining.

I think this is very important, particularly on the O ships with the very small table at the foot of the bed. We don’t do full meals when we dine en-suite, typically just various appetizers, and even then I’m typically eating off the coffee table.

When we know we are having a significant lunch ashore and only will want a light supper, we schedule ahead with our Butler and eat en-suite. We quite often see some of those in top suites come into a Specialty and only have a salad or an appetizer and leave. Even though they are entitled to all the Specialties they want, we feel that is in poor taste. A lot of people in lower cabins that would love the opportunity of a second dinner in one of those restaurants. We can easily have those appetizers in our cabin and let the others have a shot for a full meal in the Specialty. But that’s just us.

• Like 7