MSC Divina Yacht club Deluxe Grand Suite - YCP

kicia

It's a great room--with lots of extra space. We got lucky and got it on a 3 day cruise just before the pandemic. No one had booked it, so I kept pestering my TA until we are able to make the switch to that room for no additional cost.  I believe, however, that they didn't classify it as "Deluxe Grand Suite" back then.  Instead, it was considered a regular YC suite, but they would only book it for families of 3 or 4. I would definitely have paid an extra $50.IMG_0418.thumb.jpeg.abe23d49ca24b937bdfea9c610874796.jpegIMG_0445.thumb.jpeg.719b7a88d5aa2f73ab91376937fb0309.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/28/2021 at 2:47 PM, EMc&DrS said:

It's a great room--with lots of extra space. We got lucky and got it on a 3 day cruise just before the pandemic. No one had booked it, so I kept pestering my TA until we are able to make the switch to that room for no additional cost.  I believe, however, that they didn't classify it as "Deluxe Grand Suite" back then.  Instead, it was considered a regular YC suite, but they would only book it for families of 3 or 4. I would definitely have paid an extra $50.IMG_0418.thumb.jpeg.abe23d49ca24b937bdfea9c610874796.jpegIMG_0445.thumb.jpeg.719b7a88d5aa2f73ab91376937fb0309.jpeg

How much bigger is Grand Deluxe compared to Deluxe suite?

4 hours ago, Btcutter said:

How much bigger is Grand Deluxe compared to Deluxe suite?

It's the shape that is the big plus, the room is more 'square' than the Deluxe Suite. As a result, the balcony is considerably larger. Recalling your posts on another thread, if this is for 4 people it gives waaaay more room between the bed and facing wall etc.

One thing to note, given age profile of your parents. The YC dining room on this class of ship is aft, at the opposite end from the YC areas. The only direct route takes you outside along the open deck areas above the main ship pool. To travel indoors, you require to move between decks to get there. We are mid 60's with no mobility issues, and this was perfectly fine for us. It stretches the legs for 5 minutes each way, which is never a bad thing!

Here is a link to the deck plan, so look at cabins 16032-16035 compared to the ones immediately next going towards the forward area (select deck 16 in this example, and look at 15 too with a similar 4 such cabins). The deck plan shows starkly why it's the way to go!

https://m.msccruises.com/en-gl/Mobile/Cruise-Ships/Deckplan/MSC-Divina-Deckplan.aspx

Honestly, if mobility is good or even reasonable, and if available it's a no brainer.....book it now, before it's taken! 😉

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1