Cabins on deck 4 rottendam

mystic51

Considering a cruise on the Rottendam in January.  Haven't cruised with HAL for many years, normally we cruise with Celebrity.  When I'm looking at the deck plans for the Rottendam, it appears that the balconies on deck 4 are larger.... is this correct?  Considering cabin VF4015.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.   Another choice would be deck 8.. 8153

Edited by mystic51
needed to add deck #

I am sure that you are aware that the Rotterdam is presently on its first ever cruise, so first hand information is a little scant at the moment, however VF4015 would look a lot like this:https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/4012-koningsdam/   

Be aware of the solid steel veranda wall.

On the same site there are actual images of 8157 on Rotterdam, which is just 2 doors away! https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/8157-rotterdam/

• Like 2

I've been on the Koningsdam (sister to the Rotterdam) on Deck 4...VMax is right.  The verandahs at the fore and aft are deeper.  Almost twice as deep.  But the first 9 verandah rooms at the fore do not have glass balcony walls, just steel ones.  You won't have good views of the ocean while sitting down on those verandahs.  However, all the after verandahs have glass balcony walls, no steel walls. 

There were 5 of us travelling together in January 2019, with 3 rooms side by side.  You can get an idea of how deep the balconies are from the video I took of our room.

L.

• Like 1