Getaway 130 days pre booking

Yinster

We are 130 days out staying in the Haven on the Getaway. When we tried to book online our specialty dining it says we need to wait till November 6th. That's 120 days.

So my partner emailed the pre haven concierge. This is the reply

Pre-booking dining is currently not available for all Getaway sailings through April. It will be booked directly on the ship.

As a Haven guest, we may note a preferred dining request. Your concierge will book this directly on the ship and confirm it upon arrival.

Please specify the restaurant, dates, and time you wish to reserve. I will then note your reservation

We will wait till November 6th and see if we can book online but this has set a wee alarm in me

Edited by Yinster

7 hours ago, madams77 said:

Do you happen to have the email address for the Getaway Pre Haven concierge?

Thanks!!

It is just the general one. We have already sent our requests and had a reply back

norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com

I’m on Epic in January. I was told the same thing. She called it a sale lock or something like that.  Said it was for several cruises thru April 22 and has to do with the on-line reservations. Very annoying.  At least you are in the Haven so you know you’ll get the reservations you want. I’m in a club suite and one of the reasons I booked it was to be able to make reservations early. Now that perk is gone. I’m a little frustrated. 

See

Pre-booking dining is currently not available for all Getaway sailings through April. It will be booked directly on the ship

This is what NCL reply. Getaway is not the only ship where this is happening

• 4 weeks later...

Getaway pre-booked dining for both specialty restaurants and main dining rooms has been placed on stop sell until April 9, 2022. Guests will be able to book once onboard. What Is NCL Reason For this I’m in a club suite 124 days out and cant book. So thousands of people on board trying to book their Dinners and Shows at once That should go well Just How I want to start My Vacation .

We're on the Getaway in 57 days and dining booking is still closed. I don't think it's going to be a problem booking on the ship as they are not sailing at full compacity. In the past, I've never had a problem getting the reservations for any restaurant as people cancel daily on the ship. Hopefully you'll have the same luck

14 hours ago, fsls40 said:

Getaway pre-booked dining for both specialty restaurants and main dining rooms has been placed on stop sell until April 9, 2022. Guests will be able to book once onboard. What Is NCL Reason For this I’m in a club suite 124 days out and cant book. So thousands of people on board trying to book their Dinners and Shows at once That should go well Just How I want to start My Vacation .

I agree....bad move

• Like 1

Haven't seen/read any "problems" lately from any of the NCL ships that resumed cruising with folks not able to get their preferred dining reservations onboard ... in some instances, easy - just walk up & get seated, or use the Norwegian App to book onboard.  Besides, that's what your concierge is tasked to help their Haven guests on a given sailing ... kindly remember to "take" care and reward them for personal services well done.  Make use also of priority reservation & seating onboard, if you are also P+

First world problems ... still waiting for those colored luggage tags to be mailed, ha ha.