PCR Test - information included on results

wendycook22

Hi Everyone!

I have been researching extensively.  I thought I had read that the PCR testing provided by Celebrity does not include the time in which the test was taken, just the date.  I tried to loop back to try and find the thread but it is like finding a needle in a hay stack.  Can a recent cruiser kindly let me know what information was included on their PCR test on Celebrity Cruises.  

(I posted this is the Celebrity Board but realized it may be better served on this board - so my apologies if you see and reply to both). 

Thanks in advance!  
Wendy Jones

16 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

The Celebrity board. Here's a link to the thread:

Thank you.

We are flying back to Ottawa via Montreal the same day our cruise arrives in FLL. So the PCR test done by Celebrity on the 2nd last day of the cruise should suffice.

20 minutes ago, jy_cruisefan said:

Thank you.

We are flying back to Ottawa via Montreal the same day our cruise arrives in FLL. So the PCR test done by Celebrity on the 2nd last day of the cruise should suffice.

Yes, you are well within the time limits. The free testing by Celebrity is a big plus when you consider the post-cruise running around that you need to do with some other lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Djb4CC said:

And just as a follow up, Holland America also offers free PCR testing on board on day 5 and 6 for travel back to Canada.

It seems that Carnival Corporation's cruise lines are quite varied in their approaches. HAL on board, Princess on shore once you've disembarked, and Carnival not at all IIRC.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Djb4CC said:

So just got of a HAL ship in Ft Lauderdale this morning and the covid testing was done in port after going through customs.

How long did it take to get the test?  Was it busy?  How long until you got your results emailed to you?

On 10/28/2021 at 7:43 AM, wendycook22 said:

Hi Everyone!

I have been researching extensively.  I thought I had read that the PCR testing provided by Celebrity does not include the time in which the test was taken, just the date.  I tried to loop back to try and find the thread but it is like finding a needle in a hay stack.  Can a recent cruiser kindly let me know what information was included on their PCR test on Celebrity Cruises.  

(I posted this is the Celebrity Board but realized it may be better served on this board - so my apologies if you see and reply to both). 

Thanks in advance!  
Wendy Jones

Hi Wendy,

I think you are referring to my post about this from the summer.  Our results this summer didn’t include the time of the sample was taken and I got them to add it. We just got home from the Equinox and they are using a different results form (from the lab they have contracted onboard) that includes the date and time of collection and everything else required on the Canadian governments website. Results worked fine for us to get home. 

• Thanks 1