NCL New York Experience 2021?

@JamieLogical - I LOVE your reviews & posts. They are so informative. We've actually cruised together before without knowing it. I am hopeful that one day in the future we can meet on one!

I have a specific question about the NYC port these days: Are there golf carts or something for people who have difficulty walking? It's never been a problem for me before & I cannot remember.

Thanks in advance!

21 minutes ago, RnR_cruise said:

@JamieLogical - I LOVE your reviews & posts. They are so informative. We've actually cruised together before without knowing it. I am hopeful that one day in the future we can meet on one!

I have a specific question about the NYC port these days: Are there golf carts or something for people who have difficulty walking? It's never been a problem for me before & I cannot remember.

Thanks in advance!

I am not positive how you go about acquiring assistance, but there were staff pushing passengers in wheelchairs who needed to be transported between the two piers.

Jamielogical that was a great review.   Gave us such fantastic info about the embarkation process.  RNR my husband is having mobility issues too.   I contacted Norwegian and they arranged for a wheelchair but only after security.  I contacted the port and they said wheelchairs would be available at pier 90 but it would be better if we had our own.  They said to drop my husband at pier 90 and then park the car and return.   I actually purchased him a rollator walker with a seat just for this as I am concerned we will not get the assistance he needs.   We are on the Nov 21 sailing.   After we return I will post about our embarkation and handicapped accessibility.   

• Like 1

Thank you all! We are on the October 31st sailing & I hurt my back a week ago. I did not bend, I did not stretch, I did not twist. I wasn't lifting anything heavy. I just stood up!!! That day, walking was terrible. Today, it's just hard.

I'm not worried about being on the ship, as I know I can take breaks when needed & we don't need to rush. I'm just concerned about getting on & off the ship. Oy. The last time we got off a ship (Oct 2019), we "serpentined" for over an hour.

13 hours ago, RnR_cruise said:

Thank you all! We are on the October 31st sailing & I hurt my back a week ago. I did not bend, I did not stretch, I did not twist. I wasn't lifting anything heavy. I just stood up!!! That day, walking was terrible. Today, it's just hard.

I'm not worried about being on the ship, as I know I can take breaks when needed & we don't need to rush. I'm just concerned about getting on & off the ship. Oy. The last time we got off a ship (Oct 2019), we "serpentined" for over an hour.

Our TA (aka my wife) requested wheelchair assistance for my FIL through NCL. When we got there, they said to go Pier 90 (which was thankfully where the taxi dropped us off), and they didn’t have the people to assist yet (at 10am), but we could take the wheelchair and I could push him, which was fine for us. I don’t know if you could do that.  Like you said, it would’ve been too much standing and walking for him. Departing the ship, we requested wheelchair assistance through the Haven concierge, I don’t know if it would be guest services otherwise.  And that was a real assistance with a port person pushing the whole time. They also skipped a few lines as well, though that’s certainly not what we did it for.   Good luck, enjoy the cruise!