Checking in boarding time

pitmindi

I will be on the carnival pride on November 14 leaving from Tampa and I just checked in.  I waited till midnight to get an early check-in time because my plane lands at 9:30am in Tampa. The time I got is 1:00pm.  What does that mean? Is there a place inside we can wait until 1 o’clock?  I will be traveling with someone that is elderly and not mobile so will require a scooter which we have rented and supposedly will be waiting for us at the assisted counter. Wherever that is.   Can someone who has traveled recently advise me so I can plan accordingly.  Thank you. 

I like audcc's suggestion. Call.

To directly answer your question, you are expected to arrive at the Port facility at 1pm.  Without prior arrangement, you should anticipate being turned away if you arrive early.  That said, folks CAN sometimes be accommodated but it's no guarantee.

• Like 1

Conventional wisdom would be that you should arrive early with an elderly person.  BUT...arrive as late as possible and you would likely have less lines, waiting, etc.  Might just be a better overall experience for your party.  

Sure you might miss the first feeding (which is very important to most..I get it), but plenty of time to make up for that.

18 hours ago, pitmindi said:

I will be on the carnival pride on November 14 leaving from Tampa and I just checked in.  I waited till midnight to get an early check-in time because my plane lands at 9:30am in Tampa. The time I got is 1:00pm.  What does that mean? Is there a place inside we can wait until 1 o’clock?  I will be traveling with someone that is elderly and not mobile so will require a scooter which we have rented and supposedly will be waiting for us at the assisted counter. Wherever that is.   Can someone who has traveled recently advise me so I can plan accordingly.  Thank you. 

You had the 2 day head start for priority online checkin and still got a 1:00 slot. Pride is having azipod problems on this weeks cruise. Seems to me they are anticipating some delay with the weekly turnaround. A 1:00 slot would normally be in the mid-day rush for checkin and boarding. I know when Panorama had the same problem, the 1:00 slot was actually an early boarding time. Has the scheduled departure time been moved back?

Edited by mondello
Add

DH worked part-time for Intercruises as part of the ground crew at the Tampa Cruise Port. This was until Covid and he did not return to work there now. He said the scooter rental area was inside terminal 3 and they used to let people who arrived before their assigned arrival time wait inside if the building was fairly empty. However, with the new Covid rules in place and arrival times supposed to be strictly adhered to this might not be the case. There used to be lots of benches outside to sit on while waiting and this may be your only recourse now until your arrival time at 1pm.

Are you taking a cab from the airport to the port or taking Carnival transfer in a bus? If taking a cab, I would wait at the airport in a coffee shop where it's more comfortable than waiting outside at the cruise terminal and then take a cab closer to your arrival time.