Specialty Meals?

chiefofsages

On my most recent cruise on the Breakaway, my friend and I had our own cabins (solo studios), and we each got two specialty meals.  However, when we went to make reservations, you had to make it for two.  So she booked one, and I booked another, figuring that one of us would "pay" for the first night, and one would pay the second.  When we went the first night, they only took my card, so I "paid" for two specialty meals on my card.  The next night, they took each of our cards, even though they should have taken hers (per our plan).  HOWEVER, even though I "paid" for two the first night, and one on the second night, I never got a charge on my account for a specialty meal.

Do the specialty dinners cover TWO people, for TWO nights?  Did we lose out on additional meals?

The FAS meals are not "shareable", you should each be presenting a card to "pay" with a credit from your perk.

2 hours ago, chiefofsages said:

However, when we went to make reservations, you had to make it for two.

The smallest tables are for two.  Even if you were to book as only one person they'd sit you at a table that would fit two.  There would be no need to advise in advance that you're only one person.  I ran into this in 2019 - I was sailing with a couple, we booked for 4, showed up as three, the host advised that even if we had adjusted the reservation we would have gotten the same size table.

Each of you had two meals for one person and they are not transferable, so by trying to “pay” in the way you did tmyou could have ended up with a charge on your accounts.

You should have both handed your cards over at each meal so that they could deduct a credit from each of you both times.

My guess as to what actually happened is that either:

Your friend had made themselves known at some point during the first meal (maybe got a drink using their card), so that the server knew who to charge the credit to for that’s meal despite having just your card.

Or they did bend the rules on the first night and charge both meals to your card. They shouldn’t have done this and it could have messed things up for you. However, on the second night the server would have seen that this had happened and may have been able to switch it around so that nobody got charged.

Either way, it could have been an expensive mistake so always make sure that they correctly charge the meals to the correct peoples credits.

• Like 1