Mardi Gras versus Harmony of the Seas

KatieKatie17

Hi, we just returned from a wonderful cruise on MG last week. We loved the ship and it’s crew. We are planning a trip mid January and comparing the MG to HOTS. We’re married in our mid 40s and no kids will be traveling with us. We loved the beauty of MG, the dining options, comedy shows, and again the dedication of the crew. We have very limited experience on RC.  If you have been on both ships, which one would you choose to repeat for your next cruise and why? 

1 hour ago, KatieKatie17 said:

Hi, we just returned from a wonderful cruise on MG last week. We loved the ship and it’s crew. We are planning a trip mid January and comparing the MG to HOTS. We’re married in our mid 40s and no kids will be traveling with us. We loved the beauty of MG, the dining options, comedy shows, and again the dedication of the crew. We have very limited experience on RC.  If you have been on both ships, which one would you choose to repeat for your next cruise and why? 

We have sailed on the Harmony four times.  We love that class of ship!  We are going to sail Mardi Gras on the 27th of this month so will be able to give an opinion then.

Right now if you are vaccinated there are many places on the ship you can enter and not have to wear your masks.  Also the shows keep vaccinated separated from the non-vaxed so no mask there also.

Royal is our preferred cruise line so I don’t believe you would be disappointed at all if you try it….

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

We have sailed on the Harmony four times.  We love that class of ship!  We are going to sail Mardi Gras on the 27th of this month so will be able to give an opinion then.

Right now if you are vaccinated there are many places on the ship you can enter and not have to wear your masks.  Also the shows keep vaccinated separated from the non-vaxed so no mask there also.

Royal is our preferred cruise line so I don’t believe you would be disappointed at all if you try it….

Thank you! That is really helpful to know.  I don't think you will be disappointed with the MG, we absolutely loved it!  I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the comparison. 

8 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I have cruised on both and truly enjoyed both. However, I have to admit that I found Harmony OTS easier to navigate. 

It took me far more time to familiarize myself with the ship while on the Oasis class we had it down pat in 2 days.

Good to know!  I'm leaning towards the Harmony because it's hard to imagine going back to the same ship in a couple of months, although it is very tempting.  Thanks!

10 hours ago, KatieKatie17 said:

Should be at full capacity on your next voyage so your opinion bucking huge crowds would be interesting.  Having said that, you will have the same issue (full capacity) on one of RCL's largest ships. Sailing at half or full capacity has been great and I wish the cruise lines would keep those numbers but then again, the prices would go way up!  Remember the cruise lines are in business to make money (or at least recoup some of what they have lost over the past COVID time). Enjoy every cruise!

We’re in the midst of comparing both ships as well for our family cruise next year. At the end, it boiled down to price. MG was about $1500 cheaper than Harmony. We’ve done Royal’s Oasis class a few times, so we’re familiar with it. We’ve never done Carnival, so we want to give it a try.