Disney Dream-disappointed

mcatmcat

Hi 

Im not going to write a review because Im not good at it but at least I will leave my opinion on what I liked and didn't

a little about us my gf and I are both  millennial no kids and we are diamond with royal Caribbean.

My extended family insisted in joining them for this cruise and we went for it, it was our first Disney cruise

The employees at the port are nice overall but I noticed that sections of the port the temperature was really warm

The testing process is easy but to get your result you either have to look for your reservation number on a huge TV or try to refresh the page in which you entered your vaccine info, the bad thing was that everyone was doing the same adn the page was not really working

For a Disney cruise I was expecting a more wow factor but the section in which we board it was just ok tbh I didn't like it all

we have 3 rooms one next to the other mine was warm and the one next to us, mine got fixed ut my family next to me got a new room- great costumer service

now, the buffets are terrible. Im not a picky eater but this buffet was nothing compared to royal caribbean but the food at at the MDR at night was way better than royal caribbean 

Not much to do at night I felt like I was in carnival 

My gf loves princess and mikey so she liked the ship but we both think the price is a little bit high for what you get

We are going on the wish- no reservation made but that's our future idea

Thanks for the review.  We will be on the Dream next week.  First Disney cruise for us.  We dont do buffets so will probably just do the sit down dining.  A few questions:

Are there any add in costs for the other food options on the decks - i think there are food options on the pool decks and a coffee shop?

For the adult area, are they doing karaoke, and what other entertainment in there at night?  We have been on Celebrity before, which is often like a ghost town after 11pm, so we can do our own thing.

Did you do anything on the private island?

What was your favorite parts of the ship?

Appreciate in advance any answers!

On 11/6/2021 at 11:55 AM, Stealthdog said:

Are there any add in costs for the other food options on the decks - i think there are food options on the pool decks and a coffee shop?

I dont think you have to pay extra for the food on the pool deck but cant tell you on the coffee shop bc I dont drink coffee. 

For the adult area, are they doing karaoke, and what other entertainment in there at night?  We have been on Celebrity before, which is often like a ghost town after 11pm, so we can do our own thing.

karaoke karaoke and more karaoke I felt I was in a carnival ship , that was the only entertainment at night. This will be similar to Celebrity - believe me-

I went to the kids area for a while with my family n friends but it was loud and packed that I end up leaving in 30 mins, my gf took me to an adult area I think it called secret ..... the beach is way better and the lunch as well. in yhe way there you get to see the runway and people riding bikes

Its a small ship compared to royal Caribbean but if I like one area was the adult only section in front 

Edited by mcatmcat

There's no extra charge for the food on deck.  You will pay extra for specialty coffee.  The snacks at the coffee shops are included in your fare. 

Yes, they do have karaoke.  There's usually a waiting list because it's popular. There are usually game shows every night after the 2nd dining time. After 11 pm, there's nothing really happening.  One of the adult clubs may still have a DJ. 

You can rent gear on Castaway. There's also some shore excursions you can book ahead of time. 

We sail as a couple of adults, so our favorite parts of the ships are the ones without children in the evenings and the adults-only pool deck during the day. We also like to eat in the adult-only specialty restaurants.