Passenger Location Form

Sir Cumference

Please could one of you seasoned cruisers who have already completed you PLF for a cruise tell me if there is an option to print it once it has been completed? If so, that is all I need to know. If not, how do I get proof that I have completed it. I shall be using a desktop computer and not a phone.

Many thanks 🙂

So sorry, but I'm panicking again! I am sure that by now you are well aware of my limited (i.e. non-existent) technical abilities. My questions is this: Is there a day 2 LFT test that I can take (at home)  that does not involve taking a picture and "uploading" to to somewhere - If not, what do I need to take a picture of and how do I "upload" it?

1 hour ago, Sir Cumference said:

So sorry, but I'm panicking again! I am sure that by now you are well aware of my limited (i.e. non-existent) technical abilities. My questions is this: Is there a day 2 LFT test that I can take (at home)  that does not involve taking a picture and "uploading" to to somewhere - If not, what do I need to take a picture of and how do I "upload" it?

I used a Eurofin 2-day test.  This is a self-swab test at home.  You order and pay on line, and open an account with a password, they email you an invoice including a booking reference number (this is needed to enter on the PLF).  The kit came in the post to my home address after a couple of days and is sufficiently small to go through a letter box, so no need to be at home. This may arrive before you depart but is not needed until you return to the UK. Test yourself within two days of return to UK.

Basically you get on the Eurofin website and  log in to your account to register the barcode on your vial. This is a digital number and you just enter all the numbers off the barcode (no scanning required). Carefully read the instructions, open the vial containing the fluid and don't spill it.  Insert the fluffy wand up each nostril in turn and pop it into the open vial.  Screw the lid on invert three times, put it in the plastic bag and seal it by removing the tape. This all goes in the original box it arrived in.  You then put the box in the provided plastic bag and seal that.  Put the sticky address label on it 24hr tracked Royal Mail. You do need postage stamps and I used four first class because I did not know the exact postage.  Self-adhesive stamps would have been best.  Then you post it in a Royal Mail "Priority Post Box", do not take it into a Post-Office.  To find a priority post box look google priority post box locations and pop it in the post box nearest to where you live.

Regards John

Edited by john watson
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much - it sounds very simple - maybe even I could manage it - and there is a "priority" mail box reasonably close to me too.

Is it the Antigen test (@ £24.90) that I need to order?

And one other thing - can the "registering" be done on a laptop rather then a mobile phone?

1 hour ago, Sir Cumference said:

Thank you so much - it sounds very simple - maybe even I could manage it - and there is a "priority" mail box reasonably close to me too.

Is it the Antigen test (@ £24.90) that I need to order?

And one other thing - can the "registering" be done on a laptop rather then a mobile phone?

Antigen is acceptable as a test for this. 2 day test swab at home post back in

Registering an account was done by me on the laptop as all other procedures on the website no smart phones involved.

I know I can print off a completed PLF form, but I want a blank (i.e. before completion) form to download onto my phone now because my cruise is longer than 19 days so I cannot complete the form just before I leave. I will need to complete it whilst at sea on the way back but won't have access to the Government web page form site because I am at sea!

I suppose I could wait until we dock in Southampton and then hope to find an internet signal, and then complete the form there before getting off, but I would far prefer to have filled out the form before we get into Southampton and simply send it once I can get a signal, but how can I achieve this?

I don't wish to buy internet time on the ship.

I thought it would be easy to download a blank copy of the form but no matter what I try I cannot find out how to do it. It is no use partially filling out the form because it locks me out because the cruise is not until next January/February, so I cannot even see the subsequent pages, let alone download them to my phone.

The only thing I have not yet tried is to register on the Govenment site first. Does that enable me to start the form, get so far, and then save it to my phone?

I know that by the time we get to Feb next year the systems may well be different, but I would like to be clear in my mind now as to how this is to be done if nothing changes.

When we were on Britannia in Sept/Oct, free guest wifi was provided for passengers to complete their PLF towards the end of the cruise, help with this was available too.  You can also use free wifi in port if you get off the ship. If you have 4G on your mobile you can connect to that on the ship when in port. The latter is what we did sitting round the pool. A fellow passenger guided us through the process, although to be honest it was quite straightforward. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

I know I can print off a completed PLF form, but I want a blank (i.e. before completion) form to download onto my phone now because my cruise is longer than 19 days so I cannot complete the form just before I leave

You can't do that. You can enter preliminary personal details and save them, but other details can only be filled in online at the appropriate time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bbtablet said:

I thought it would be easy to download a blank copy of the form but no matter what I try I cannot find out how to do it. It is no use partially filling out the form because it locks me out because the cruise is not until next January/February, so I cannot even see the subsequent pages, let alone download them to my phone.

The only thing I have not yet tried is to register on the Govenment site first. Does that enable me to start the form, get so far, and then save it to my phone?

The government website allows you to open a "Passenger Locator ACCOUNT" which can be used to fill out and store a number of PLF's.  You may log back in and edit, change the details on the different forms you have started then SUBMIT them at the appropriate times.  In this way only minimal input is required at the time you intend to submit.  Being "an account" you can log in to it from various devices at different times.

Regards John

• Thanks 1