New 35% Discount

mertziek

Just a reminder to everyone to recheck your cruise pricing.  There’s a new 35% discount promo that saved me over $600 on a future Alaska cruise.  But no savings on the 4 other cruises I have booked so look at each cruise separately to determine if you can save anything.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AKR2011 said:

Both of my cruises went up with this new promotion. Luckily they're in 2023, so still plenty of time for price watching on my end.

That’s what I do.  I keep checking/watching and sometimes I can get extra savings.  Sometimes not especially with the way NCL plays around with their pricing.  😳🤭

When I went to check mine I noticed that the Club Balcony Suite price had dropped to the same rate as the regular balcony price. Have an email into my PCC now to see if that is actually what I'm seeing. With all of the 25% and then 10% FCC applied to the booking I've lost track of what the original price was when I booked.

Obviously in these pandemic times we can't assume that what happened in the past will happen again, but is there precedent for an early November 'sale' that's different than their usual on-going promo? Do we think there will be a better offer for, say, Black Friday, or is the 35% as good as it gets?

The sailing I've got my eye on went down ~$200CDN this morning so I'm weighing booking now versus waiting a couple more weeks.

37 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

Obviously in these pandemic times we can't assume that what happened in the past will happen again, but is there precedent for an early November 'sale' that's different than their usual on-going promo? Do we think there will be a better offer for, say, Black Friday, or is the 35% as good as it gets?

The sailing I've got my eye on went down ~$200CDN this morning so I'm weighing booking now versus waiting a couple more weeks.

Why wait?  Unless Canadian bookings have different rules or you are looking at a cruise that requires full payment, book the cruise now.  If the price goes down, get a price and/or perks adjustment during the "sale".

43 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Why wait?  Unless Canadian bookings have different rules or you are looking at a cruise that requires full payment, book the cruise now.  If the price goes down, get a price and/or perks adjustment during the "sale".

The cruise is within 60 days so payment would be due in full at time of booking; no opportunity for price adjustment.

38 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

My cabin price went down but since I’m past final payment I can’t get anything. Didn’t expect to but it would have been nice. 

Did you call NCL?

I think, at least in the past, that even though one can't get the reduced fare after final payment, sometimes they'll give part of the reduction as OBC.

GC

39 minutes ago, OrcaGirl said:

The cruise is within 60 days so payment would be due in full at time of booking; no opportunity for price adjustment.

Last minute cruise deals might not be affected by any special sales - but you might get better perks (double/triple points, double up CN) during a "sale".

You can always play the "courtesy hold" game - keep putting bookings on hold and see what happens.

1 hour ago, GeezerCouple said:

Did you call NCL?

I think, at least in the past, that even though one can't get the reduced fare after final payment, sometimes they'll give part of the reduction as OBC.

GC

My TA tried. At first the rep said they might be able to give some OBC but the final answer (in writing) was “no.” But I’m good. I’m on a cruise! 😉

10 minutes ago, Brian V said:

Looks like ours dropped by about CDN$100 - who do we call? Ghostbusters? 🙃

Not sure about Canada but I made two calls today to NCL reservations.  I checked my smart phone.  It took exactly 10 minutes to lower the price on five bookings for DW and I.  It took 7 minutes to lower the price on four bookings for DD.  It doesn't take much of a savings to equate that into a decent hourly wage.  😎

• Like 2

Great sale LOL.  Prices on my booked cruises have remained pretty stable for quite some time, so not necessarily changed with this sale - but this is where they stand at the moment:

December cruise is +$50, no airfare (<90 days out) or triple points

February cruise is +$200, no airfare (<90 days out) or triple points

August cruise is +$2500, no double points

September cruise is +$300, no double points