Princess Cruises Announces "The Love Boat" Themed Cruise

Honolulu Blue

3 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I am booked on this Love Boat cruise and hope that it will be great. However, due to the number of passengers on this ship, I have a feeling that any personal interaction with the cast may be limited. The Majestic Princess is a much larger ship than the Pacific Princess that was used for the 2015 Love Boat cruise. I don't see how they can have the cast sign hundreds (or thousands) of autographs and pose in hundreds (or thousands) of photographs with passengers. COVID protocols also may limit any interaction with the cast. Of course, protocols may change by February.

I cruised aboard the Majestic Princess last week and booked the cruise through the onboard future cruise consultant. The ship was sailing at reduced capacity with 1,800 passengers. The future cruise consultant thought that the cruise would definitely sail with more than 1,800 passengers but would still be under full capacity.

During my recent cruise, several of the performers told to the audience to be sure to "hi" if they saw the performers around the ship. I hoped to meet some of the performers and tell them that I enjoyed their shows. Unfortunately, I never saw any of the performers around the ship.

I am excited about the Love Boat cruise, but I hope that I am not disappointed. I had previously booked a cruise for February on the new Rotterdam. I have decided to cancel the Rotterdam cruise so that I can do the Love Boat cruise instead.

Chuck

Great Post. and i think you are right on a lot of your points!! Thanks!!

I am so tempted by this. I’m afraid that on such a large ship the opportunity for interaction and asking questions will be quite limited. I would love to do this, but I don’t think my work schedule will allow. Definitely following and look forward to hearing others thoughts. If they still had the Pacific Princess I would have booked in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

I received the email yesterday and want to go so badly. I grew up watching the love boat as a kid in the early  to mid 80's. I feel like that's where my very first introduction to cruises came from. BUT... I am not a fan of mask wearing. I work at a hospital and have to wear one. No way I am wearing a mask on vacation. Sigh... I wonder what the odds of testing and mask wearing going away by then?

• Like 2