Could RCCL be holding back cabins on WOTS Asia 2022/2023?

jspitz1

I looked at cabins about 2 weeks ago on Wonder of the Seas for Asia season 2022/2023 and there were still plenty of cabins available.  Today almost every cabin has "Sold Out" for every cruise/category over this period.  I have managed to put a hold on the last non-suite cabin (one I would not normally book) just to secure something.  Could it be possible RCCL have not released all cabins as this is so far in advance and there is still a lot of uncertainty with everything???  I spoke to RCCL today and they were unsure.  I am hoping if a better cabin becomes available,  I will cancel this refundable cabin and re-book.

12 minutes ago, jspitz1 said:

Could it be possible RCCL have not released all cabins as this is so far in advance and there is still a lot of uncertainty with everything?

Of course there's uncertainty - she may not even go to Asia.

1 hour ago, jspitz1 said:

I looked at cabins about 2 weeks ago on Wonder of the Seas for Asia season 2022/2023 and there were still plenty of cabins available.  Today almost every cabin has "Sold Out" for every cruise/category over this period.  I have managed to put a hold on the last non-suite cabin (one I would not normally book) just to secure something.  Could it be possible RCCL have not released all cabins as this is so far in advance and there is still a lot of uncertainty with everything???  I spoke to RCCL today and they were unsure.  I am hoping if a better cabin becomes available,  I will cancel this refundable cabin and re-book.

First answer - In China, blocks of rooms are given to a Wholesale company that handles the smaller blocks to tour groups and some rooms are open to the general international public. It is a different way of buying a cruise in China.  Most Chinese will never buy direct.  It's just not the way it's done. 

Second Answer - First 6 months of 2022, there is no hope for international travelers being allowed in.  It is the most locked down place in the world.  One person locked down Disneyland in Shanghai until all people were cleared to leave one by one.  

Personally, I am holding out for 2023 to see what happens but won't buy until I'm confident.