Testing positve 1 month before your cruise

pandncruisers

We know you can test positive for anywhere up to 3 months after your 1st positive.  My husband tested positive last week, I tested positive this week and our cruise is on 12/05.  My question is, has anyone that had tested positive before the cruise and is past the 14 day quarantine tested positive at check-in?  If so does it help to take the original positive test results with you to prove that you are really not infected?   

There is nothing in their published Sail Safe protocols to suggest that they make any allowances for persistent positive results in people who have recovered from Covid. They just say positive quick test, confirmed by positive PCR = denial of boarding, period.

Chances are, you will be fine. Focus on recovering and dealing with your quarantine now, and only start worrying about this if your tests still come back positive 2 or 3 weeks from now. If that's the case, all you can do is call Norwegian and ask if they have any unpublished exceptions to their stated policy that will allow you on board with persistent positive test results. Usually this just requires proof of an earlier positive test within a certain time frame (like between 8 and 2 weeks before), but only NCL would know the exact requirements, if any.

If they don't have such an exception, then you're already on the phone with someone who can process your cancellation request… But I doubt it will come to that!

Here's wishing you and your husband an asymptomatic, total elimination of this *%$@#, @&#%! virus.

Edited by hawkeyetlse