Covid testing for b2b cruise

GA_Traveler

Hello...my sister and I are leaving on Nov 14th for an 18-day cruise.   When I booked my trip, it was listed as a 18-day cruise.   When she booked,  she had to book them as a b2b (a 7 day cruise plus an 11 day cruise).  

My question is this...how will the covid testing work for her on the turn around day?  We will both have a test result when we get on the ship.  When we come back to port at the end of the first seven days, will she be required to have another Covid test?  We are not planning on getting off the ship that day.  

Neither of us have ever done a b2b so I am not sure how it works. 

Thanks for any guidance you can provide. 

Dawn

51 minutes ago, GA_Traveler said:

Hello...my sister and I are leaving on Nov 14th for an 18-day cruise.   When I booked my trip, it was listed as a 18-day cruise.   When she booked,  she had to book them as a b2b (a 7 day cruise plus an 11 day cruise).  

My question is this...how will the covid testing work for her on the turn around day?  We will both have a test result when we get on the ship.  When we come back to port at the end of the first seven days, will she be required to have another Covid test?  We are not planning on getting off the ship that day.  

Neither of us have ever done a b2b so I am not sure how it works. 

Thanks for any guidance you can provide. 

Dawn

There have been several reports on this buried a few pages back.  When we were on Mera, we ran into a guy on his third leg of b2b2b.  He said on disembarkation day, they took everyone to Olive restaurant at 9 am and took test.  Free.  He said butler took them to front of line.

We had a second trip one day later on Divinia and needed one of our party to get tested.  Asked butler about it early on.  Later on he said they'd be doing testing at four last night for b2b.  We had already contacted med center and told we could go when they were open so we did but had to pay $25.

• Like 1

There are several posts on here about it. So far MSC has been testing B2B travelers for the next leg at no charge. Folks that did it as two separate bookings are supposed to let guest services know during the first leg. So far, that has been how it’s been working for people. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GA_Traveler said:

Thanks for the responses.  We will be sure to check in with guest services once we get in board.  

Dawn 

Good idea, because of US regulations, I think that you will also not be able to stay on the ship while in Port Canaveral on the 21st, since that is viewed as a cruise cycle, and the ship's passenger count will have to be zeroed out, even if you are only off the ship for a short time.  That's how we had to do it in the past even if we booked as an entire cruise, not B2B as separate cruises.  It may be different in the COVID situation, but I doubt it. You really should check on your status as well.  Have a great cruise!

Edited by JAGR

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

Good idea, because of US regulations, I think that you will also not be able to stay on the ship while in Port Canaveral on the 21st, since that is viewed as a cruise cycle, and the ship's passenger count will have to be zeroed out, even if you are only off the ship for a short time.  That's how we had to do it in the past even if we booked as an entire cruise, not B2B as separate cruises.  It may be different in the COVID situation, but I doubt it. You really should check on your status as well.  Have a great cruise!

JAGR...thanks for the info.   That makes sense that we might not be able to stay on board.  I will definitely check on this first thing when we get on board. 

Dawn