???'s--???’s Moorea rent a car ---ATV--- Golf--- Catajets

Dunner

???’s Moorea rent a car---ATA---Golf---Catajets

We will be on Moorea or 2 days, but there are 4 things I want to do. Probably could squeeze it all in, but if we had to scrap one thing which one would be the least exciting? Or which things on the rent a car day are not big deal?

I have pieced together suggestions from a few posters.

Option #1-rent a car on Moorea

1. Belvedere 

2. A.G. school--ice cream at school --pinapple flavoured

3. Carneline main shopping area

4. pearl/jewellery stores---Eva Pearls

5. Eimeo??

6. Juice Factory

7. IC Hotel Dolphin watch/turtle reserve, but I think I read the I.C. was closed???

8.Beach Café at Les Tipaniers/drink/view

9.Tahiti Aromes, small vanilla

10. Public Beach-Temae Beach/stroll/view

Other assorted tips:

-Stop at any other hotels and take a look at their facilities

-Have also read public beach beside Sofitel then can walk to resort/drinks.

-Heard Snack Mahana was good -never been or could go back to the ship for lunch

-end of Cook Bay more markets

-Snack Rotui-locals in Pao Pao hang out there and views  of Cook Bay and mountain peaks

-St. Jo's church -singing--Time??

-LILIKOI-FOOD TRUCK ACROSS STREET FROM HILTON

-Toatea Lookout view Sofitel

-counter CLOCKWISE TOP HALF of island more to see--bottom half nothing to see

Option #2 Golf 9 holes (back 9 heard it was more scenic/interesting),

Option#3.  ATV Moorea Tours Twin  or -ATV with Moorea Act or... Which company would you recommend?

Option #4. Catajets by Moorea Mahana on catajet -representative said about 1 1/2 hours out of 2 hours

-looked into the catajets thru P.G. but one review stated that you are only on the catajets for about 10 min one way and then 10 min back with snorkel things inbetween--more interested in being --on-- the catjet. We will have snorkelled a lot and are looking for something different to do.   Your thoughts on any of the above info is greatly appreciated?

Snack Mahana is fun, for sure.  The beachside cafe at Les Tipaniers is also a great place for lunch.

I don't golf, but do remember that it's usually quite hot.  If you had to dump anything, I would say the juice factory.  The whole itinerary looks a bit too structured, and you don't have meals on the list. Don't miss the Belvedere, although the ATV tours usually include it.

As for the tourist stuff, I've only ever snorkeled while staying on Moorea, although from the ship, I've done the Dolphin Watch, the Sail/snorkel trip, and the Stingray tour.

Wendy from Toronto,

As of right now renting the car is off the list. Yes,  I now realize Belvedere Point we will see on the ATV so I can scratch that off. 

I will try and incorporate Les Tipaniers after the cruise on our post stay in Moorea.

I think what I have narrowed it down to. 

First Day In: MOOREA  ATV in the am, then back to the ship for lunch and relax or whatever

Second Day in MOOREA--Golf 9 holes in the am then lunch at the golf course or back at the ship and then whatever.--(thanks for reminding me about the heat-- so morning golf will be better even though Sept. isn't too bad).

After our post stay in Moorea do the catajets in the am, then maybe Snack Mahana, then take the ferry back to Tahiti, then??,  then on to our late evening flight home.  Thanks, Mitch (Melaney) from Windsor.

• Like 1

Hello Wendy and Mitch!

I remember both of you from our 2024 Repeaters cruise! We will be joining friends on the PG again in January and we just can’t wait! I too have been trying to decide on how we will spend our days on Moorea, and so I have been following this thread. Mitch, I think you had come down to check out our deck 4 room on the PG!

Wendy, I have also been researching some of the Germany ports in preparation for our April Viking Grand European cruise. I think I remember noticing your posts regarding a Rothenberg optional excursion. Did you wind up doing it and if so would you recommend it?

Vacay Addict (Danice)

On 11/12/2021 at 6:46 PM, VacayAddict said:

Hello Wendy and Mitch!

I remember both of you from our 2024 Repeaters cruise! We will be joining friends on the PG again in January and we just can’t wait! I too have been trying to decide on how we will spend our days on Moorea, and so I have been following this thread. Mitch, I think you had come down to check out our deck 4 room on the PG!

Wendy, I have also been researching some of the Germany ports in preparation for our April Viking Grand European cruise. I think I remember noticing your posts regarding a Rothenberg optional excursion. Did you wind up doing it and if so would you recommend it?

Vacay Addict (Danice)

Hi Danice, yes, *2014* was a great cruise, wasn't it?  No, I don't think I posted about Rothenberg.  If I did, I apologize, perhaps it was on a cruise that I cancelled about five years ago?  Hope you have another great PG adventure, I'm very jealous!

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 10:13 PM, Dunner said:

Wendy from Toronto,

As of right now renting the car is off the list. Yes,  I now realize Belvedere Point we will see on the ATV so I can scratch that off. 

I will try and incorporate Les Tipaniers after the cruise on our post stay in Moorea.

I think what I have narrowed it down to. 

First Day In: MOOREA  ATV in the am, then back to the ship for lunch and relax or whatever

Second Day in MOOREA--Golf 9 holes in the am then lunch at the golf course or back at the ship and then whatever.--(thanks for reminding me about the heat-- so morning golf will be better even though Sept. isn't too bad).

After our post stay in Moorea do the catajets in the am, then maybe Snack Mahana, then take the ferry back to Tahiti, then??,  then on to our late evening flight home.  Thanks, Mitch (Melaney) from Windsor.

Ah, sorry Mitch, I was thinking it was a pre-cruise stay on the island.  The ferry back should be easy, just remember that they only sail in daylight, and sunset comes early in the tropics.   Your plan sounds good, although I'd rather be in the water myself, being a water baby t heart.