Iona Smoking Areas

zoe sproodle

• 1 month later...

So is no smoking allowed anywhere on the promenade deck on Iona? If so, that’s a very positive move by P&O. We avoid smoking areas like the plague, but it’s difficult to completely avoid them on the other ships when you are doing circuits of the promenade deck.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

So is no smoking allowed anywhere on the promenade deck on Iona? If so, that’s a very positive move by P&O. We avoid smoking areas like the plague, but it’s difficult to completely avoid them on the other ships when you are doing circuits of the promenade deck.

On our August and September cruise the smoking area that was on deck 8, aft, near the bar, was stopped because balconys were very close and, rightly, occupants complained.

22 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

There is no smoking on any part of the promenade deck as of august this year. There is just not enough space as the prom deck is more than just a prom deck. There are outside eating areas aft and balcony cabins forward, neither of which is conducive to smoking.

3 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

On our August and September cruise the smoking area that was on deck 8, aft, near the bar, was stopped because balconys were very close and, rightly, occupants complained.

Indeed, although there are no cabins aft on the promenade deck 8 there are balconies on deck 9 above.

I'm on Iona, and whilst I haven't gone out of my way to look for them, this is probably the first cruise I've been on where, in retrospect, I also haven't fairly quickly made a mental note of where they are and where I will avoid.

And that's kinda nice actually. Sorry smokers.

• Like 5

On 11/10/2021 at 8:39 AM, zoe sproodle said:

Has anyone happened to notice where the smoking areas are on Iona?  We’ve booked Deck 12, starboard side aft and are curious to know if we’ll be near one.

Overheard a couple asking this very question to a crew member the other week and he said,"the engine room has it's moments"