Caribbean Islands Entry docs

jjwoben1

Just now, susiesan said:

Cruzin Terri is talking about restrictions for Grand Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas.

It appears that there is alot of contradictory information so will wait and see what are the actual requirements for each country.....the cruise lines must adhere to the local country's requirements so if a country requires a form, then all cruise line passengers will have to adhere not just Oceania passengers.  We did not find Oceania's restrictions/requirements any differet than every other cruise line we encountered on our sailing in the Mediterranean.

4 hours ago, susiesan said:

I am leaving this coming Monday Nov. 29 on a Celebrity cruise. First stop Nov.30 is Nassau, Bahamas. There are no restrictions, no forms, no testing, no fees. We can just walk off the ship and do whatever we want there. Oceania must be the only line with restrictions on their pax.

4 hours ago, basor said:

I am unclear what restrictions you are talking about - currently on Oceania  Marina and there are no restrictions now that we are out of EU waters and we never had any fees or forms .  Everyone has to be vaccinted to sail but most cruise lines have that requirement.

4 hours ago, susiesan said:

Cruzin Terri is talking about restrictions for Grand Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas.

3 hours ago, basor said:

It appears that there is alot of contradictory information so will wait and see what are the actual requirements for each country.....the cruise lines must adhere to the local country's requirements so if a country requires a form, then all cruise line passengers will have to adhere not just Oceania passengers.  We did not find Oceania's restrictions/requirements any differet than every other cruise line we encountered on our sailing in the Mediterranean.

Back in post #45 I cited Celebrity's published protocols, and they are clearly consistent with what @susiesansays:

"Celebrity says the health visa is not required for cruises originating in the US:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

Guests visiting the Bahamas on any sailing departing from the US, do not need to apply for the health visa. "

Oceania seems to be making its own rules. NCL, part of the same corporate family as Oceania, makes no mention of a need for the Bahamas health visa.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, susiesan said:

There are no restrictions on Great Stirrup Cay.  Oceania has posted a link to a form that requires completion to enter the Bahamas and requires payment of $40.  

I called and asked if it was necessary to do this if one decided to remain on the ship and you have the answer I received above, which, in itself, is contradictory.

It makes one wonder why Oceania seems to be the only cruise line requiring their passengers to complete this form and pay the $40 for the Health Visa. 

If you go to the Oceania website and click on the link at the top the page and look at the requirements for the Dec. 3 and 13 cruises and go down to Great Stirrup Cay you will see a link to the form for the Bahamas entry.

Terri

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 1

You may have to do this on Oceania ships. No one on the Celebrity ships going to the Bahamas, including me, has to fill out this form and pay money. This is likely out of date information and O just hasn't updated their web site yet. 

You can probably figure out why O is the only cruise line calling at the Bahamas to have their passengers do this.

Edited by susiesan

Just now, susiesan said:

You may have to do this on Oceania ships. No one on the Celebrity ships going to the Bahamas, including me, has to fill out this form and pay money. This is likely out of date information and O just hasn't updated their web site yet. 

You can probably figure out why O is the only cruise line calling at the Bahamas to have their passengers do this.

And that reason would be?