Bliss District Brewhouse "leader board" questions

Wendelboe

Back in August of 2019 my wife and I were on the Bliss, but unfortunately didn't discover The District until halfway through our cruise.  We did notice that there was a "leader board" above the bar and our interest was piqued but, again too late for the current cruise.  Fast forward to now and we will be cruising the Bliss Sunday the 14th.  What can the community share about how the leader board works?  Do you have to sign up?  Is it only for beers on tap?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  

You need to sign up at the beginning of the cruise, then each time you have a different beer it's recorded.  At the end of the week the leader gets a free growler and pint glass to take home.

Quantity does not count, only variety.

I got second place. 😞

I last cruised on The Escape in 2018, and the leader board was no more by then. I believe it's something they did at the beginning when they first opened, then it was done away with. I don't know it's the same with other ships. @kpjb had it on The Bliss, but she was new in 2019. You would gave to see if recent cruisers have seen the contest.

Edited by AKR2011

27 minutes ago, WarfRatWA said:

Heresy I say...heresy.  lol

It was during a time when I was transitioning from being a beer drinker to drinking more bourbon and scotch.  Granted, I still drank a ton of beer...

3 minutes ago, Selion said:

Curious...  Do you have to drink them for them to be counted, or just ordering them will suffice?

This is a great question.  I drank every beer I ordered but I don't know if it counted only to order it.

• Like 1

I too won it on my Escape cruise a few years back, but it was gone in December 2019 when we last went. You could always have them print out beer list and you can keep track yourself. The dumbest part of the contest is that the same beer would count as two different beers if it was offer on tap as well as in a bottle or can so you had to drink some of the beers twice if you wanted to win. You also had to buy the beers that came in champagne bottles that were not included in the package if you wanted to make sure you would not be beat…

it was fun! I think for my cruise it came out to 86 beers…

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Sounds like it may be discontinued, but who knows with this being one of the first Bliss cruises post-covid.  They may just bring it back (optimism!).  Regardless, my wife runs a brewery back home so we will be spending plenty of time in the brewhouse regardless.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Wendelboe said:

Well returned home last evening, and can confirm that the competition was on!  That being said, it was pretty sedate.  My wife and I won with only 30 beers down the hatch.  The cruise prior champion won with only 19.

What did you win?

On 11/11/2021 at 8:57 AM, SliderNc said:

I did it on Escape in 2017.  I got 3rd.  There are just some beers I wasn't willing to drink. 

Like what? I’ll try most anything food/drink wise. 

That said, I prefer a nice BOURBON.

Edited by PTC DAWG

On 11/10/2021 at 6:33 PM, kpjb said:

No, I was on the Escape when I did it. Should've mentioned that. It was a few years ago, though. 

Going on the Bliss in January and I guess now I can't avenge my second place finish!

YOU CAN ALWAYS avenge SECOND PLACE.  If your not FIRST  your LAST!  ( Reese Bobby )

YOU GO FOR IT. we are awaiting YOUR Victory Dance!!!!

cheers!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 2:11 PM, PTC DAWG said:

Like what? I’ll try most anything food/drink wise. 

That said, I prefer a nice BOURBON.

I do not enjoy "sour" beers or anything with peanut butter in it.  If I remember correctly, there were two sours and a peanut butter something or other.  I think I had everything else.