Brillance of the Seas Transatlantic - November 7

Zurichguy

with the differences in our time zones from EDT to PDT, I know I can usually find a post from you! even though I get up early for an old f--- about 630, there you are smiling at me.

what made you think I was upset? I reread what I told you just now and I don't see it, but I think until we all understand each other's style of humor, things tend to get misread. at this stage of my life, I don't let much bother me - just let it go,life is too short for the crap that some let bother them.

your new family addition looks like a winner and she will settle in nicely; looks like she has already done so. I remember you saying you had a mini; we had two toys for years - mother and son, but when I retired 20+ years ago and we started to travel a lot, it was no longer practical

To All:

Good Morning! (or should I say Good Afternoon?!):

I have a friend who will be on the Celebrity Century trans-atlantic departing from Barcelona on Oct. 27th. Same itinerary as ours but does not stop in Lisbon. He is desperately trying to get me to change to his ship but so far I am resisting as I do want to go back to Lisbon. And after 4 times on the Brillie, I am starting to feel like I am home every time I board.

Tony: I was up late last night alright. Turned out to be one of those nights where you are not sleepy until 5 or so. Went to bed around 5:30 AM.

Glad to see that you resolved your PC problems. Luckily, we practically don't have any PC problems. I am very meticulous about keeping up to date on everything and regularly perform a maintenance checkup to ensure that all is running fine. The few problems that we have had have all been minor and only about 5% of the time have we had to request help from someone more knowledgeable.

Glad to see that your teeth problems are progressing positively and nicely.

I think I know where you're staying now. Quite a central location. Just be aware (actually you and every one of us!) that anywhere around the Ramblas and Gothic Quarter area you have to be very careful and watch out for pickpockets. I've never had any problems though. But I remember the first time that I was there in 1987 a bunch of young guys followed me around for a block looking at my camera bag. Little did they know that I was a spanish speaking tourist so I could understand what they were saying and startled them when I responded back in spanish. Then they went away.

And congratulations on your addition to your family! I am not a pet person myself but if it brings you happiness, more power to you.

Leo/Hugh: I cannot agree more with what you've said. Life is indeed to short to sweat the small stuff.

See all of you later! Juan

Hugh, it was on the other thread where I thought I may have upset you. If not, no biggie. It is really easy to take things other than they are intended on message boards. I felt bad when you told us about Leo and his stroke and thought that I may have upset you because of this. I also agree with what you said about letting things go and I am now doing exactly that. Yeah, I don't sleep a lot for a young wipper snapper! Usually 5-6 hours is my norm. I go to bed at 10 or so and I'm always up by 4-5, always. I usually end up needing a nap sometime during the day, but I like getting up and going early. As a matter of fact, I just woke up from a nap;) ! I usually water my plants around 5 and then go for my daily walk. Now I have someone to walk with me and she is going to be a treat for me. Since I am home most of the time, it will be good for her and me as well.

Juan, I am very well aware of the pickpocket situation. Also, Lisbon is supposed to be bad. We didn't experience much problems with this last year, but did have people trying to sell us sunglasses, drugs, etc. We just would simply say no and again if needed and walk away. I always stay very vigilant of my surroundings and steer clear of any potential problems. Being in a convenience store business for 5 years, it is easy to spot and pick out who the trouble makers are. Thanks, because it is always a good idea to beware of the things going on around you! I figured last night you were still up and not just getting up. You have always posted late, around 12 or so. As far as I remember anyway, the memory starts to slip at a certain age;) ! LOL!

Talk to you guys later, Tony

t ony, juan,et al . if you haven't seen it yet, go to the 30 june cruise critic email - cruisecritic.com and read the couple of articles there about gay cruising and how it is coming in to its own. the articles are by a reporter from west hollywood who knows what he is talking about.

tony, I agree with what poohb said about the heartworm preventative. we lived in greensboro,ncar. for 10 years and our dogs got it every day because they were out in our wooded back yard a lot and were exposed to a lot of ticks. better prevention than trying to cure it.

Are you talking about the article of fun facts? I just went and read, printed, and sent to Gregg's sister. Great article! Gregg and I have been reluctant to take one of those charter cruises do to the expence and wildness of them. We are pretty laid back and don't care for all the non stop party atmosphere. That is why we always have booked regular cruises. Also for the reasons stated in that article. I have made just as many str8 friends as gay!

As far as the heartworm medicine, I thought the preventative was available over the counter. Gregg just e-mailed me and told me it is not. A blood test is needed to determine whether or not she has them. If not, then a certain test will tell what preventative she will need. If it comes back positive, then they will detirmine what is needed to flush/rid them from her system. Thanks again for your input, as I want to give her the best care I possibly can!!! See Ya, Tony

leoandhugh: How do I find that article that you are talking about? I tried looking for it myself but came up blank. I also do not think that all gay cruises are for me. I have never done one but I don't care to. I wouldn't mind doing a Pied Piper or AquaFest but RSVP and Atlantis is not for me. Just like Tony, I also book straight cruises and enjoy meeting people from all walks of life. Have never had any problems; everyone is so open minded that being gay is not an issue.

Talk to you guys later, Juan

juan go to cruisecritic.com which is the email magazine for all these threads we are on. on the left columns you will see cruise styles; go to gay/lesbian and click on that. it will give you another page and again on the left you will see gay cruising - fun facts. click on the more and you should find the first of the articles I mentioned which will lead you to the other - clear:confused:

as far as all gay cruises, we have never done one and never intend to; they certainly don't represent the world as we live it, and at this stage of our lives, I don't think I'd feel very comfortable any more than I would at SF gay pride parade. not that we have ever tried to hide it; I just don't believe in rubbing it in other's faces.

tony, please explain to me what the feel blue thread and cc (clotted cream) are; it sounds like an outgrowth of a 12step program. my home laptop is leo2hugh@msn.com and you can give it to me here. no need to spread it all across the threads. we saw your picture for the rogue's gallery and assume that was taken on the ship last year.

hugh;)

Hello Andros,

Have stayed for extended periods in Barcelona and always interested in finding places to rent, especially if the price is not exorbitant....Barcelona has become very expensive. Would you send me the contact from which you obtained the information for your apartment rental? I would be most grateful. Will be making a xatlantic crossing on QM2 in August and another on MSC in October. Hope to be able to stay in Barcelona for a few weeks prior to October crossing.

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Michael voyageurx729@yahoo.com

Took care of both your request. Any way I can ever help, feel free to ask. I have much time on my hands and like to keep myself busy!

Also, Hugh I forgot to mention to you that yes, that picture was in Malaga last year as we were departing that port on our way to Lisbon. It was unbelievable and I was in my glory! Also, I don't think I ever answered your question about Superman! All I can say is I thought it was a terrific movie. Yes I believe Brandon Routh is Super and a Man to boot!!! LOL! I could just sit all day and admire this creature!!! LOL! It was a good movie, even though I had taken 3 hydrocodones that evening do to my extractions! See Ya, Tony

OK. I'm back. As late as usual.

Tony: I forgot to explain earlier that yes, I always post very late at night. I never go to bed before 2 AM. So you'll find me posting after midnight and any time after that. So, move over as I also admire Brandon Routh. Any chance he will be on our cruise? And alone?

Leo/Hugh: Which one of you two posts here? I don't know if you two share the same screen name so I don't know who I am talking to. Thanks for the instructions on how to find the article that you mentioned. Will go there when I'm done here. I too share your same thoughts about an all gay cruise; it is not up my alley. However, I would consider Pied Piper or AquaFest as I indicated earlier. We have always done straight cruises, have never had a problem, and meet and become friends with lots of very nice people; both gay and straight. Now don't misunderstand me, I don't have anything against having an all night party and having a good time. But cruising on a floating gay ghetto is not my cup of tea. Not to mention that quite a lot of us do not know how to behave in public and easily cross the line of proper behavior in public etiquette.

By the way guys, what is this rogue gallery that you guys are talking about? Where do you see all of these pictures? I'm anxious to see this picture that Tony took as we were departing Malaga last year.

Everyone have a great weekend! Juan

juan, it is me - hugh -doing the posting. leo had a stroke a few years back and on the right side. he is righthanded so his emailing and surfing is pretty well hunt and peck, but to his credit, he sticks with it ,tho I know at times it is frustrating for him. we just use the leo and hugh because it is part of both our individual email addresses and it's 2nd nature.

the pictures you are looking for are toward the end of the threads for both the 10/24 BOS and the 11/7 TA and they are posted by johnny cruiser. on both of his last posts today he has put the email address for each segment and the photos he has received so far. none from us - not that i have any problem with it, but we stopped doing photos years ago - pushing a wheelchair and using a camera are not compatible. and we don't even own a digital camera which i assume you need to do this computer bit. hell, i'm doing good just to be able to get this far - self taught and far from computer literate hugh:)

Hi Hugh:

I was just coming back in here to state that I had found the picture gallery that you guys were talking about but see that you've already beat me to it. I got to see the picture that Tony indicated was taken as we were leaving Malaga. That is indeed a nice picture. Ironically, I did not see the the departure from Malaga as I had gone to the gym that afternoon and missed it. Although, there are windows at the gym, the view is not as nice as being outside. I'll have to search and see if I can find a picture of me so that I can send it to him.

Sorry to hear about Leo's mishap. And you don't need to have a digital camera. You can still do it if you have a paper picture but you'll have to scan it, save it, and email it which, if you are not computer literate as you've said, then it would be a lot of trouble.

Thanks for the quick response. But then, I just realized that you are out on the west coast and it is still early for you.

Regards, Juan

You guys are too funny!

Juan, You missed a beautiful sunset leaving Malaga!!! The rays were beaming down through the clouds over the hills/mountains. I got shots of most every sunrise/sunset throughout the cruise. They were just awesome. We would usually go to the helo pad to get the sunsets while out at sea. It was a lot of fun going out there, I even pulled a Leonardo De Caprio on one day. I am going to post the stunning picture I am talking about in Malaga. Felt like I was in Heaven on Earth!

Hugh, good to hear from you and hope all is well. Stay Cool!

Well, getting ready for my morning walk. Need to wear this puppy dog out so she will sleep and settle down some. She is really coming around and knows this is now her home too! She's a little sweetie;) !

See Ya, Tony

SS_DSC03791.jpgsm.jpg.57dc01cbdf1e362c90914ffa0536c52f.jpg

everybody must be busy doing his thing this weekend. I looked for postings from tony and juan - zilch. I have been abandoned! guess I'll have to go out to see superman returns - yeah! it is still hot here and we have had the a/c on every day for 6days; I hate having the house all shut up and my tomatoes and basil plants are wilting.:(

Tony: I had already been to Malaga before and had been there for a whole week. I think that is also part of the reason for which I was not out on deck as we departed. The town is quite nice though. Maybe I'll stay out this time.

Hugh: You haven't been abandoned. I'm here now; late as usual. Just waiting for Nov. 5th to come around.

Have a great 4th of July weekend everydoby!

Wanted to stop by and wish all of you a Happy Fourth Of July !!! Hope you have had a good weekend and are staying cool. It has been sooo hot here that the wasp are drinking out of the bird bath!!! LOL!!! Been laying low and getting some housework done today. This way I can take it easy the rest of the week. Other than that not much going on here in good ole Nashville, Tennessee!! Looking forward to November more and more each day:D ! Talk to you guys later, Tony

if a cruise line allowed pets onboard? We have 4 Chinese Shar-pei and always wonder what they would think of being at sea (we concluded they would NOT be happy with their world being "rocked"!). Maybe one day that will be the new "it" thing: Not spas, or specialty restaurants, or what have you, but you get a quote..."2 person cabin rate plus one pet:, etc. etc. :rolleyes: Could happen...but do you tip the room steward to change the paper on the floor and/or walk your dog? Now THAT'S a way for them to make money! :eek:

Tony - you get a gold star for your dog rescue. The pup and kitty I'm sure are already great pals. If not, give it some time. We just introduced 2 new puppies to the 2 gals we already had. They have become the best of friends.

Russ

Good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well and getting along fine this summer.

As far as the pet on a cruise thing, I'm not real sure about that! Pets are like kids and everyone needs time away from the kids, you know? That is why so many of our fellow str8 cruisers leave them behind sometimes. It is the one time that I have only myself and Gregg to worry about, which is actually quite nice. Truly get to relax and get away with no worries in the world.

The kitty and dog are getting along fine. However, this morning the cat swatted her or something and she yelped like someone was beating her!!! LOL! I have been telling her to leave him alone that he was going to get her! Now she knows I wasn't kidding her. She has really turned out to be a great dog and I'm happy I jumped at the oppourtunity to get her.

Well, going for now,but will talk again soon. See Ya, Tony

Just stopping by to say hello and give us a bump. Hope all of you are doing well and having a good weekend. The weather here has been very nice and comfortable considering it is July. 4 more months and we will all be sailing the high seas! Just can't wait to "Get Out There" again. Ah, all the pampering and new friends, got to love it;) ! See ya'll later, Tony

Nice to hear from you. Sure wish we knew what happened to Zurich:confused: ! Hope he is ok and still sailing with us. Although, peoples plans change and he may not be. Just wish he would let us know he was alright. Oh Well, I can't worry about everything/one, just basically concerned about him and his partner. I need to get started with my final researching and planning at the start of next month. Want everything to fall right into place at the right time. Ah, the joy of preparing for these wonderful cruises. It is one of the best parts of it! Talk later, Tony

Hi Tony:

I also wonder whatever happened to Zurichguy. Sure do hope that all is well with him but would like to see him come back and update us on whether he is still sailing with us. But you're right; you cannot worry about everything/everyone.

I haven't started any research yet. I guess I'll be doing so around Aug./Sept. time frame. Do know that I want to go to Fatima in Portugal while docked in Lisbon. Probably won't do anything in Malaga; perhaps just get off the ship and walk around center of town. Still searching for low airfares and have not been able to do better than $403. Hoping prices will go down further as date approaches. Got my hotel reserved though.

Believe it or not, we are definitely considering doing the TA again next year on the Brillie. Friends that I met last year and live locally just told us that they are definitely on next year and we want to join them. Next year's itin is great and is also a 13-dayer.

Sure am glad that I have a cruise in October (Mexican Riviera) to help me along towards Nov.

Talk to you later, Juan

No Europe for us next year. Not that I wouldn't like to go back, but too many other places yet to explore. We will most likely be doing the 9 day Vancouver to Los Angeles next fall. It is on Vision of the Seas on Sep. 21 I think. I know that I told Hugh in one post that neither of us had sailed a vision class, but I was mistaken. I was thinking Voyager class. Gregg actually took his first cruise on the Granduer from Baltimore to Mexico. Then the following year it will be off to Hawaii. Maybe after getting those 2 out of the way we can return to Europe, Athens and Greece is definately on our list of places to go.

As I stated before I always do 3 research times. When we first book, then 3 months later, and then 3 months prior to our departure. Seems to give me a good idea of the cost and easy to compare prices. It hasn't failed me yet, so I keep on doing that. Not sure what we will do in Villefranche, but may not go to Monaco. I'm sure there is plenty to do and see right off the ship. We can always book a different cruise in the future and visit Monaco then. Malaga, we will most likely do the same. A stroll along that park accross from the port entrance and around the streets there, with lunch somewhere to try the local cuisine. In Lisbon, it will be off to see all that we missed there last year(just like Barcelona). I will have to do some more research on Madeira and decide what we want to do there. Being right off the Northern coast of Africa will be a treat in itself.

Well, babbled on long enough, talk to you later, Tony

Archived