Dropping luggage off while traveling with kids under 12

I know I saw this question several weeks ago, but the search isn't coming up with any meaningful results.

Do we drop the luggage off as usual and then proceed to where they are doing covid tests for kids under 12? If the kid tests positive (I hope not), will they retrieve our luggage somehow?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I know I saw this question several weeks ago, but the search isn't coming up with any meaningful results.

Do we drop the luggage off as usual and then proceed to where they are doing covid tests for kids under 12? If the kid tests positive (I hope not), will they retrieve our luggage somehow?

Yes...turn in your luggage first...no sense in dragging that with you. I'm sure they'll retrieve it and probably have had this same scenario before. Best of luck...fingers crossed for you all.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 1:51 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

In none of the places this question has been asked previously has there really been a good answer to this question, at least not from someone that appears to actually have had an under 12 child with them.

Our group will be traveling with an under 12 child next week out of Miami.  It seems like this situation is a catch-22. 

If you drop off the luggage as usual and the child tests positive, how in the world could they retrieve your luggage efficiently (it has probably already gone onto the ship with thousands of other pieces).  It seems like it would have to take hours to retrieve unless they have some special process.  In reality, this would be the same situation for someone that has dropped off their luggage but is denied boarding for some reason.

If you take all your luggage with you to the test location and get cleared, how to you get it to the luggage drop-off location without exiting the building (or do they take it from there)?  This seems unmanageable, depending on where the test location is located.

Unless we can find someone at the check-in area to tell us otherwise, we will probably take the risk and drop off our luggage.

Anyone out there that has checked in with an under 12 child?  What did you do?  And how is the process done - I assume you get in line for your boarding time, enter the building and then probably get moved to a special area for the child test and wait for the result?

• Like 2