Is Celebrity Now Charging For Home Re-entry Testing?

wendycook22

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Then I can definitely see your dilemma as we are low stress cruisers as well. The last thing we want done is to be dropped off in a foreign port and not have enough coverage to pay for that $30,000+ medivac flight back to our home.

But at the same time I can see why Celebrity is changing their CWC coverage rules, especially now that we’re into November and their ships are filling to 60-80% capacity on many of their ships.

100% - as I stated before, someone in head office finally figured out “whoa - this Canadian Thingy could really cost us!”

Again, in all fairness the policy still stands ~ we will just have to see how it all plays out!

I frankly think that Regent is “safer” as no kids and a ridiculously spacious ship but again, I need that escape hatch “just in case!”

• Like 1

If ya wanna stay an extra day or two before going back to Canada but still need to get the test on board for the 72 hours, just book a refundable flight with an airline of your choice back to Canada as proof of your travel, get the test and cancel the flight after the test is done.

Then, take your actual original flight back home. Boom, done. You’ll still have to pay the $95 but at least it will allow you to test on board.  

You could even book and cancel a flight before you do the test and then just show the original booking confirmation as your proof. But perhaps they won’t be super-travel on onwards-travel proof, it might just be an attestation

Edited by marktwothousand
  • Haha 1

As far as testing goes this is the current info on the Celebrity web site, note the for new bookings. 

Currently all fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the option to receive complimentary testing onboard prior to disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. As of Tuesday, November 16, 2021, for new bookings, home country re-entry testing will be available onboard for a fee of $55 per person for an Antigen test or $95 per person for a PCR test.

• Like 1

• Host Anne changed the title to Is Celebrity Now Charging For Home Re-entry Testing?
1 hour ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

I just received an email clarifying their process.  The test, if required, and a air ticket is presented is free to all current bookings.  The charge is only for bookings made after November 16th.

Any air ticket?  for any time the next day?  I thought it was only if flight was 24 hrs or less?  I would be THRILLED to hear that it does apply to any air ticket? (the next day).   Are you able to share the email and wording please?  Who did it come from?

Edited by Froufie

1 hour ago, nocl said:

As far as testing goes this is the current info on the Celebrity web site, note the for new bookings. 

Currently all fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the option to receive complimentary testing onboard prior to disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. As of Tuesday, November 16, 2021, for new bookings, home country re-entry testing will be available onboard for a fee of $55 per person for an Antigen test or $95 per person for a PCR test.

This makes FAR more sense than the original announcement! 

• Like 2