Additional updates to the Key?

Chrissit

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

That's exactly why I purchased it -- it was cheaper than Voom, and I'm cruising solo so I only needed to purchase one!

I don't use any of the other Key benefits (Flowrider and rock climbing private session, etc.), but cheaper internet was the clincher for me!

Me, too!  

• Like 1

I'm sailing on Oasis in January. I haven't gotten an email about The Key.  This is what it says in my Cruise Planner for it, though:

• Priority access into the terminal (within booked arrival time) on Day 1.
• Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off your carry-on bags in the Main Dining Room until 1:30pm.
• Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille Lunch menu.
• Private time at onboard activities including Rock Climbing, FlowRider and more.
• Priority departure at tender ports of call from ship-to-shore.
• Early access at shows in the Main Theater, AquaTheater, Studio B and Two70.
• VOOM ® Surf & Stream 1 Device high speed internet.
• On debarkation day, enjoy an exclusive à la carte breakfast and choice departure.

So no mention of room service and priority access only within your booked arrival time.  Just posting as an FYI.  

On 11/11/2021 at 6:43 PM, matt1 said:

Yes, you still want to tip the staff person that brings you room service a few bucks even if there is a surcharge. 👍

😎

Contact  your bank and order $100 in $2.00 bills ((yes, there really is such a denomination). They are perfect for tips and ensure that you are remembered!

We give one per room service delivery, one per bag to the porters, etc.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Calgon1 said:

Contact  your bank and order $100 in $2.00 bills ((yes, there really is such a denomination). They are perfect for tips and ensure that you are remembered!

We give one per room service delivery, one per bag to the porters, etc.

Please don't do this -- the $2 bill can be difficult for crew to use, as it is not well-known in other countries and can be seen as a "fake" bill.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 5:07 AM, PrincessPatti said:

I am on Oasis December 5 and have not received this email.  Fingers crossed that it applies on Oasis as well.

It will be interesting to hear from people that are on the Oasis in December - since their Key wasn't cancelled.  I'd be curious if they start to re-introduce early boarding and the MDR Chops lunch. We know Freedom has it again - and also saw someone post that Odyssey has those benefits back (as of their November cruise). 

5 hours ago, moonltnite said:

It will be interesting to hear from people that are on the Oasis in December - since their Key wasn't cancelled.  I'd be curious if they start to re-introduce early boarding and the MDR Chops lunch. We know Freedom has it again - and also saw someone post that Odyssey has those benefits back (as of their November cruise). 

The priority boarding and Chops lunch in the MDR is offered with The Key for my Dec 11 sailing on the Symphony. The waived room service fee and meal discount is gone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blueslily said:

The priority boarding and Chops lunch in the MDR is offered with The Key for my Dec 11 sailing on the Symphony. The waived room service fee and meal discount is gone. 

Did RC send you an email detailing what would be offered with the key?  So far - it sounds like Freedom and Symphony are the only ones out of Miami that have reinstated the early boarding and Chops lunch in the MDR. 

1 hour ago, moonltnite said:

Did RC send you an email detailing what would be offered with the key?  So far - it sounds like Freedom and Symphony are the only ones out of Miami that have reinstated the early boarding and Chops lunch in the MDR. 

No. They did not send me an email. That current information is listed in the cruise planner for my sailing. So the information is already listed as such, so an email from them is not necessary. I'm guessing people receive an email if there was a change. But for me there is no change.

I have the key for Independence of the seas December 20-24 out of Port Canaveral.  I had received the letter saying we did not have the priority boarding and embarkation lunch/disembark breakfast. But after they reinstated these things, called and they said if I bring a copy of that email, I can get the priority embarkation, embarkation lunch/disembark breakfast as well as keep the unlimited room service and 25% off food purchases. I had them put a note saying all of that on my account….we will see what actually happens!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Diav said:

I have the key for Independence of the seas December 20-24 out of Port Canaveral.  I had received the letter saying we did not have the priority boarding and embarkation lunch/disembark breakfast. But after they reinstated these things, called and they said if I bring a copy of that email, I can get the priority embarkation, embarkation lunch/disembark breakfast as well as keep the unlimited room service and 25% off food purchases. I had them put a note saying all of that on my account….we will see what actually happens!

I hope you get it!  It seems to me, if you paid for the Key - and others are getting the email saying they can board early and have the Chops MDR lunch - you should get that along with any other benefits they are giving with the Key on your sailing!   Did it sound like they maybe didn't have enough people that bought the Key?  That could be a reason they'd cancel the early boarding and lunch.   It'll be interesting to hear what happens.  Good luck!

I'm keeping an eye on The Key threads.  We have plenty of months ahead of our June 2022 cruise for RCCL to figure out exactly what benefits they will or will not be offering.  The early embarkation, luggage drop off and the Chop's lunch on boarding day are what interests me.  That would make things SO much easier with our multi-generational family of 13.  

So for anyone with the Key on an Oasis class ship (Symphony).

When did the planner update to say you have early boarding?

My planner says MDR Chops welcome lunch but it doesn’t state what time the lunch takes place.

I am cruising on the 1/29/22 cruise.

TIA

Edited by Maitaivegas

1 hour ago, Maitaivegas said:

So for anyone with the Key on an Oasis class ship (Symphony).

When did the planner update to say you have early boarding?

My planner says MDR Chops welcome lunch but it doesn’t state what time the lunch takes place.

I am cruising on the 1/29/22 cruise.

TIA

I've heard that what we read in the Planner online isn't always that accurate/up-to-date.  For the cruises where the key is offering the early boarding and the MDR Chops lunch, people are getting emails from RC to let them know what benefits the Key will have on their sailing. 

I've been tracking the ships and sailing dates that people have noted here on CC (that are now offering the early boarding and lunch):

Allure & Odyssey - Fort Lauderdale (as of November 10th)

Freedom & Symphony - Miami (Freedom as of November, Symphony as of 1Dec. 11th)

Anthem - Bayonne, NJ (as of November 28th)

If anyone hears of other ships that are now offering the early boarding and lunch - please let us know! 

Edited by moonltnite

9 minutes ago, moonltnite said:

I've heard that what we read in the Planner online isn't always that accurate/up-to-date.  For the cruises where the key is offering the early boarding and the MDR Chops lunch, people are getting emails from RC to let them know what benefits the Key will have on their sailing. 

I've been tracking the ships and sailing dates that people have noted here on CC (that are now offering the early boarding and lunch):

Allure & Odyssey - Fort Lauderdale (as of November 10th)

Freedom & Symphony - Miami (Freedom as of November, Symphony as of 1Dec. 11th)

Anthem - Bayonne, NJ (as of November 28th)

If anyone hears of other ships that are now offering the early boarding and lunch - please let us know! 

Thank You so much for that info.

19 hours ago, Diav said:

I have an email from October 9th regarding the Key for our July 2022 cruise for no-fee unlimited room service.  I will definitely print it out and take with me to see if they honor it or not.  The Grands were looking forward to room service.

This is my email for next week's sailing on Jewel, outlining the benefits:

Dear Guest,

We're excited to welcome you onboard soon! Before you set sail, we wanted to remind you of the benefits that come with The Key program.

Here's what you can expect on your upcoming sailing:

• Early access at the terminal.*
  • Drop off your carry-on luggage in the Main Dining Room on Deck 3 by 2:00 PM - your carry-on luggage will be hand delivered to your stateroom.
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille® menu (open from 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM). We recommend arriving to the terminal no later than 11:30 AM for you to have enough time to enjoy lunch with us!
  • Private time at some of our onboard activities such as rock climbing, FlowRider, etc.
  • Priority departure from ship-to-shore at tender ports.
  • Early access at shows in the Main Theater on Deck 4, however a reservation is needed so don't forget to book once you're onboard!
  • VOOM Surf & Stream package, now including high speed internet, for one device (1 package per guest).
  • On debarkation day, enjoy a private á la carte breakfast and choice departure.

*Please arrive at the terminal 11:00 - 11:30 AM. If you are not able to make the early access window, you should arrive within your appointment time and will receive priority access into the terminal.

Lastly, when you arrive to the port for your sailing, please locate The Key signage for priority access into the terminal and make your way onto the ship.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Jewel of the Seas in the coming days!

• Like 2