First time flying into Miami, need to get to Freedom on November 20.

mz-s

My wife and I are flying into MIA on November 20. Flight should arrive at 9AM or thereabouts. Our check-in appointment for Carnival Freedom is 10:30-11.

If we book an Uber or Taxi how will they know where to drop us off at PortMiami? Is it pretty obvious once we get to the port where the Freedom's terminal is?

Should we just pay the $18 per person for Carnival's pre-arranged transportation from MIA to the ship?

3 hours ago, mz-s said:

My wife and I are flying into MIA on November 20. Flight should arrive at 9AM or thereabouts. Our check-in appointment for Carnival Freedom is 10:30-11.

If we book an Uber or Taxi how will they know where to drop us off at PortMiami? Is it pretty obvious once we get to the port where the Freedom's terminal is?

Should we just pay the $18 per person for Carnival's pre-arranged transportation from MIA to the ship?

They all know where to go at the POM. Uber/cab is fine. Drawback to the Carnival bus is you have to wait for it to fill up. When you come out of the tunnel you will see the ships lined up. The whale tail can’t be missed,  there will be two of them right next to each other. Should be terminal D or E for Freedom.

Edited by skrufy
Addition
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skrufy said:

They all know where to go at the POM. Uber/cab is fine. Drawback to the Carnival bus is you have to wait for it to fill up. When you come out of the tunnel you will see the ships lined up. The whale tail can’t be missed,  there will be two of them right next to each other. Should be terminal D or E for Freedom.

thank you. All our previous cruises have gone out of Charleston. Miami is uncharted territory and you’ve put my mind at ease. 

It will be very obvious and you will clearly see your ship.  The cruise ships are lined up like they are waiting their turn for a cashier at a toll booth, lol.  The Miami Port is gigantic, at least the cruise area. 

• Like 1