Holiday Inn South Beach?

litebender

While searching for a pre-cruise hotel in Miami for the first week in March, I got a decent price on lastminutetravel for an "unnamed" hotel. Matching up the description and amenities, I am almost certain the quote is for the Holiday Inn South Beach. I like the location but have read that the Hotel is due to close next month:eek:. Is this a bad choice? Anyone have any feedback on this hotel? Please help as the rates are going up by the minute!

I visited someone staying there in November, and the room seemed just fine. It was a Holiday Inn after all. The lobby was loud and busy. You're going on a cruise, not a Miami Beach vacation. For one night it should be fine. The complaint lately has been how expensive rooms there had gotten, so if you have a good price, I don't see any problem.

• 3 weeks later...

We're staying there March 23-4. Initially I was worried about some posts on another site which mentioned this Holiday Inn was closing so we decided to call and confirm this with the hotel. The woman I spoke with said that they are not closing anytime soon that she is aware of and that they have taken reservations through Dec 2006.

The hotel is fine. It is on the northern end of South Beach very close to the Lincoln Road Mall. The location is very good. It is oceanfront with a pool which isn't common in South Beach. Great hotel amenities; free parking (the only hotel in South Beach to offer this), free beach chairs and umbrellas, and there is an Outback Steakhouse in the hotel. Really, it is a great deal.

It was said the hotel was slated to close for renovations because it had been bought by Starwood and slated to be a W hotel but in my professional hotel experience, these things only happen about half the time.

Also, it is against the terms of service to bump a thread to the top.

Also, it is against the terms of service to bump a thread to the top.

Just curious about what constitutes a bump. It was 3 weeks between my previous message and the one today. Does that make a difference?

Suppose , instead of using the word "bump," I just said "anyone?" Is that a bump? Is there a definition of what a bump is?

From the User Guidelines:

Board Manipulation, Rich Text, Graphic Images The creation of additional user names by members with the intention to deceive Cruise Critic members, or to inflate their opinions by manipulating a discussion will not be allowed. These users will be banned from posting on the boards, user names blocked as well as all resulting IP addresses associated with said user names.

The use of these features on our message boards can greatly enhance your online Cruise Board experiences. However, postings that are difficult to read, too BIG or too small, too light in color, etc., will be returned to you so that you may repost. Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time.

The Holiday Inn South Beach is interesting to say the least. It reminds me of the Raleigh in the Catskills. Right out of the 50's. Fortunately there's an Outback restaurant on the first floor.

Blueherons, the Lincoln Road Mall is 6 blocks south of the HI, not as near is you may think. Walkable, but a long one. ;)

The Holiday Inn South Beach is interesting to say the least. It reminds me of the Raleigh in the Catskills. Right out of the 50's. Fortunately there's an Outback restaurant on the first floor.

Blueherons, the Lincoln Road Mall is 6 blocks south of the HI, not as near is you may think. Walkable, but a long one. ;)

Nah, not that long a walk Bequia! We stayed by accident at the Days Inn on 21st and trecked to Lincoln Road Mall almost every night for dinner (David's II of course!!).

Nah, not that long a walk Bequia! We stayed by accident at the Days Inn on 21st and trecked to Lincoln Road Mall almost every night for dinner (David's II of course!!).

Heck, I walk from the Fountainbleau to the Outback at the Holiday Inn South Beach. Some would consider that long (actually it is) but when your walking the boardwalk with the ocean on one side and the hotels on the other it goes fast. I suppose your right, it goes fast. ;)

Heck, I walk from the Fountainbleau to the Outback at the Holiday Inn South Beach. Some would consider that long (actually it is) but when your walking the boardwalk with the ocean on one side and the hotels on the other it goes fast. I suppose your right, it goes fast. ;)

Now THAT is a long walk! What is that, 20 blocks or so?

BTW, have y'all heard any scoop about the ownership of the Holiday Inn?

At least 20 blocks, lol. Sure builds your appetite on the way to dinner, walk it off afterward. lol.

The W Hotel is still on the drawing board for the Holiday Inn property. They're still claiming a 2006 construction start date with completion in 2008. If the Outback were remaining I'd consider a unit. (not :p )

http://www.condohotelcenter.com/condo-hotels/featured-properties/w-south-beach.htm

more info:

http://www.kevintomlinson.com/_the_w.asp

http://www.zilbert.com/condos_w_south_beach/w_south_beach.asp

http://www.miamirealestatetrends.com/pages/WCondoHotelSouthBeachPreconstructionCondos.aspx

Archived