Main Dining Room hours on Embarkation Day.

saxon6732

I've always enjoyed dining in the main dining room for lunch on embarkation day.  Is the hours for the main dining room for lunch being altered due to the spaced out embarkation process?  I know usually on embarkation day the main dining room closes at 1:30 PM.  My assigned check-in time is: 1:20 PM.

7 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

There was no lunch in the mdr today on the koningsdam.  I don't love the lido and was hoping to go there today but no dice.

Me either.  I refer to it as the feeding trough.  Out of all the cruises I've taken I only ate there once on a ship when it was the only option available.

• Like 1

Where and how far in advance do you find your boarding time?  Is it on the boarding pass? My cruise isn't until February but I'm not sure where to look.

I agree with trying to avoid the Lido on embarkation, but we usually seem to end up there.  Are any of the other dining venues available (Dutch Cafe, Dive-In, Pizza, room service)?  I don't remember ever checking them out on embarkation.

2 minutes ago, Al Aboard said:

Where and how far in advance do you find your boarding time?  Is it on the boarding pass? My cruise isn't until February but I'm not sure where to look.

I agree with trying to avoid the Lido on embarkation, but we usually seem to end up there.  Are any of the other dining venues available (Dutch Cafe, Dive-In, Pizza, room service)?  I don't remember ever checking them out on embarkation.

I just checked the when and where from yesterday and New York pizza and dive in opened at noon.  The Dutch cafe opened at 11:30.

On our Rotterdam trans Atlantic a couple of weeks ago.....

No MDR open for lunch.....

Our boarding time was at 2:20pm but we arrived around 11am or so and we were onboard a little after noon and enjoyed a calm lunch in the lido.