Dining reservations 125 days out?

SwimCarrie

When I booked a Club Class suite, one of the perks was that I could book dining 125 days out. Today is the day and now it says I'm too early and it can't be booked until 120 days out. 

Was I misinformed? Worth a call to NCL or did the policy change? 

I’m in a club suite on Encore March 20, and I was able to book specialty restaurants this morning, but when I went back to try to book the regular restaurants like Savor or Taste it says too early to book. I’m guessing a glitch in my case.

So I called and it sounds like they aren't accepting reservations on Getaway until we board. What has been your experience with this, if you've done it?

Our biggest issue on our only other NCL cruise was making dining reservations. (Back before the online booking, we waited on hold for up to an hour for reservations each day...totally ruined NCL for us).

14 minutes ago, gravitar said:

I am on the Epic March 20 cruise in a club suite. Today is 125 days out and all the specialty restaurants still say too early to book.

I am on the Epic in February.  I was told by a NCL rep that preboarding booking on the Epic will not resume until mid April.

49 minutes ago, SwimCarrie said:

So I called and it sounds like they aren't accepting reservations on Getaway until we board. What has been your experience with this, if you've done it?

Our biggest issue on our only other NCL cruise was making dining reservations. (Back before the online booking, we waited on hold for up to an hour for reservations each day...totally ruined NCL for us).

Booking once you board is easy. There are various options including going to a restaurant reservations desk, using the NCL app or the touchscreens which are around the ship (mainly near the stairways).

If reservations haven’t been available then I suspect that the desk will be busy, so use a different method if possible. I’d also recommend doing it as soon as possible after you board.

Also keep an eye on tryout online account just in case they decide to release reservations at a later time. I suspect they won’t, but if they do then they are unlikely to inform you.

3 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

We are in a Club Balcony on Getaway in early January.  Like you, we tried to book at 125 days out, then 120 days out.   Finally called and were told they weren't opening for reservations early.  

It appears that ships that are currently in Europe (like Getaway) have not opened reservations due to the current more stringent rules for European cruising.   I'm just going to check again when Getaway sails to Miami.   If no luck then, I will reserve on board.

Well, I wish you all Bon Voyage, but that became a deal breaker for me. Fortunately, I'm not out any money. The idea of worrying about making reservations for dinner once on the ship would stress me out too much.  It's not always easy to be carefree with food allergies. I don't blame the cruiseline with COVID changing everything, but just a bummer that it's not working out. 

Hope you all have a blast! 

We have found that sometimes, the online system won't let you book (dining and entertainment), but calling the general reservation number let's you make those reservations. 

So,,, your call is not to question the policy. It is to make a reservation. 

Edited by BirdTravels

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

We have found that sometimes, the online system won't let you book (dining and entertainment), but calling the general reservation number let's you make those reservations. 

So,,, your call is not to question the policy. It is to make a reservation. 

They said they wouldn't accept reservations on our sailing until we board. Not worth it for me.