ms NOORDAM NYC ARRIVAL!?

LizB1

thanks for the great pictures I can't wait until July 10th when we get to board her in Rome. She looks beautiful we were on the Westerdam last year but this looks even better. I have been checking all day for pictures and now my day is complete I am sure more will be coming in soon.:)

Thanks Winchester for the great photos!

As many of those who have been aboard have opined, she does look like the nicest Vista-class ship - I really like the color schemes they've chosen this time. That said, I have to admit that I of like the decor of all these ships (even ZUIDERDAM)... The Vistas are a bit big for my tastes, but I applaud HAL for being brave enough to build new ships with interiors that are creative, interesting, and modern.

Interesting that the Pinnacle Bar chairs look "related" to the ones in the Pinnacle Grill on ZUIDERDAM and OOSTERDAM!

But take a look at this... Whoever wrote the copy for the on-board information screen still has the previous NOORDAM, along WIND SPIRIT, in the fleet! Oops!

What can I say - I have to nitpick at least a little bit about every ship I go aboard... Well, I didn't have a chance to board NOORDAM but now I get to nitpick vicariously through Winchester instead ;) !

Now, for those who can't get enough NOORDAM photos, I have a few of my own here. No interiors of course, as I wasn't aboard, but they do give a nice view of the redesigned aft decks.

For those wondering where the photos were taken from, they were taken off a Circle Line harbour tour boat. And before anyone thinks that I'd be nutty enough to take a three hour tour of my home city just to get a glimpse of the stern of a ship (even a DAM ship), I was only on the boat because some friends were in from out of town, I wanted to meet them, and that was what they were doing. So I'm not as crazy as I might appear at first ;) !

Thanks for the replies about my pictures. YES - plenty more to come. Tried to upload more last night and all the stupid thing did was go round and round and didn't actually take the pictures. Will try to add more ... most likely Thursday. Yes, I have the sample balcony rooms.

They aren't "great art" but I do pound off a lot of shots when I get to do something like this. Who knows when I will get back on? They have 13 ships now !! 1-2 trips a year...do the math !! I just need a patron saint to send me off to shoot ALL the ships.

Wasn't that a bit scary, leaving with friends on a "three hour tour" on the water? ;) (Think Gilligan.)

Ah, Vegas Jim, you're obviously a tourist when you go to New York. To a true New Yorker, going on the Circle Line, except with out of town friends, is a far scarier proposition than sailing with Gilligan. The last time I did it was more than 30 years ago. I bet they're still telling the same jokes now that they told then!

They also list the new Noordam as 1848 passenger!

I didn't even notice that! I must be slipping ;) ...

your five pictures look almost exactly like the ones I took from the NJ shore, with a telephoto lens.

Well, substitute a boat in the river and a wide lens and you get pretty much the same effect :) .

But seriously, if it weren't for the out-of-towners, I'd have just gone over to The Other Side and taken photos from there. Works just as well, and it's cheaper too! And, I daresay, less embarrassing for a "local" :eek: ...

They aren't "great art" but I do pound off a lot of shots when I get to do something like this.

Same here. And honestly, I think yours look awfully good for ones taken on a ship visit. Mine are usually pretty awful! When one sails in a ship one can spend as much time as one wants taking photos... (Especially if the cruise is a few weeks long...) On a ship visit I often feel like I'm in a mad rush to photograph the whole ship and the results usually look... Well, like they were taken by a person in a mad rush to photograph the whole ship :) .

Wasn't that a bit scary, leaving with friends on a "three hour tour" on the water?

As Joe says below, the scary part was going on the Circle Line as a "local"!

I had never done it before in my life... Being on a boat is always nice but I really, really wished the tour guide would shut up! Who wants to spend three hours listening to someone tell you stuff that seems to you like common sense ;) ?

I bet they're still telling the same jokes now that they told then!

There was one Dick Cheney joke, which probably would have had people scratching their heads in the '70s!

(Then again, a Spiro Agnew joke would probably have had people scratching their heads now - so there!)

Archived