ms NOORDAM NYC ARRIVAL!?

LizB1

I have just realised that this is happening now (time zone confusion on my part!!!)

How wonderfully exciting isn't it.....

I will have to contain myself until September.

Happy sailing to everyone.

That's what I get for having a film camera instead of a digital one. I wasn't one of the privileged few invited onto the ship, so I had to be content taking a roll of pictures from the NJ side of the river. Now I'll need to get them developed, so I can't post the pix.

I hadn't seen any of the Vista ships, but I sailed on the old Noordam and the Rotterdam VI, and was berthed next to the old Westerdam when I was on the old Noordam. After seeing these ships with their classic lines, it was a shock to see the chunky profile of the new Noordam. It looks more like a hotel on a ship than a classic liner. Well, that's the wave of the future, so I'll have to get used to it.

I bet it will be comfortable despite the ugly appearance! I'll find out on my 11/25 cruise.

Today I went to the top of the Empire State Building and got some shots of her from a distance. Yes, she's here ... and lovely. I'll be seeinger her closer tomorrow, and I'll be boarding her on Wednesday morning. :)

Watch for my Reports, which will be posted on THIS board!

RevNeal and Brian - Have a great cruise and keep us, who are land locked and holding down the fort, well informed on all the happenings on your exciting cruise. Jealousy will get me no where, jealousy will get me no where.....I will keep repeating that til your return.:)

Channel 2 news in nyc at 6 P. M. had a tour of the ship and an interview with the captain , The people on the ship were not passengers but travel agents and probably some VIPS . My BW and I are on the March 15th sailing and can't wait.

Thanks in advance to the prople I know will post reviews and would appreciate info on best shore excursions as our itinerary will be the same.

Thanks Again,

Stan :):)

Oh, Thank you so much for these wonderful photos of the new Noordam. They are beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest. I hope there are more before we leaving in the wee hours of tomorrow morning for the pier in NYC. It is just too exciting now

Watching her NOORDAM posts are more interesting, and better in my humble opinion, than watching the Winter Olympics from Italy. The Noordam was from Italay also now in America and to be boarded by a lot of wonderful souls soon .(\:)/))

Winchester in the Commenwealth of PA your skills are phenominal. THANKS *S*

Any inside room pictures yet too?

Our excitement builds more each NJ Nano Second until we leave the NYC Passenger Ship Terminal there ....;)

Thanks so very much for posting photos.:) OMG is she ever beautiful. I like the new chairs in the Pinnacle and I really like the new atrium Waterford Crystal. Oh I wish I had a crusie booked on her.

Thanks again for sharing, You get the Big Prize being the first to post personal pictures:cool:

Archived