Flight changes

ljhershey

We booked Princess air with our January cruise so are past final payment.  We have had multiple flight schedule changes.  The most recent change has us arriving at 11:45 pm in LA (2:45 am at our home). What is the best approach to changing to an earlier flight?  Airline?  Princess?  Thx in advance for your thoughts or experience.

Edited by ljhershey
Typo

Princess Air is now your Travel Agent / Booking Service for your flights. I believe that they alone can change your flights and only to those that are included in the negotiated agreement with the airlines for your origin / destination pair. Good luck. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

Princess Air is now your Travel Agent / Booking Service for your flights. I believe that they alone can change your flights and only to those that are included in the negotiated agreement with the airlines for your origin / destination pair. Good luck. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, ljhershey said:

We booked Princess air with our January cruise so are past final payment.  We have had multiple flight schedule changes.  The most recent change has us arriving at 11:45 pm in LA (2:45 am at our home). What is the best approach to changing to an earlier flight?  Airline?  Princess?  Thx in advance for your thoughts or experience.

I truly wish you good luck!  We needed to try to change our flight after final payment this summer ( we booked last minute and had to pay immediately and then realized that the flight they sold us on EZ Air left too early to be sure we would make it from the ship at disembarkation).  They were going to charge us a ridiculous change fee.  American Airlines wouldn't touch it because it was booked through a "travel agency" which was Princess EZ Air.  Passenger Services onboard couldn't believe EZ Air had sold us a flight that early and contacted EZ Air.  EZ Air then dropped the change fee, but were going to charge us an additional $500 as the flights had gone up by then.  We ended up deciding if we were late, then the EZ Air guarantee that we could make it from the ship via shuttle to airport says that they will get you home by rebooking the flight (and I was told it wouldn't be more $).  Turned out our flight was two hours late, and we made it, but there was way too much anxiety about it to be happy with the way it was handled.

Yours is the other end of the cruise - embarkation.  I'm assuming you are flying in a day early so you would actually make the embarkation.  Please report back and let us know if an airline's flight change might be handled differently.

In the past when the airline has changed the flights to something unacceptable to me, the airline would work with me to find an itinerary that worked and make the change at no cost because they were the ones who changed the flight times.

Since you have already paid for the flights, you should try to work with the airline, not Princess.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...